Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I screw up Irish University by moving to England for college?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

STRESS!!!

OK, so I made a thread in the Leaving Cert forum about my fiance moving over here to do college...lalala.

We don't know if that's going to work out, as he never got to complete his GCSEs for various reasons, and thats going to seriously hinder him getting any sort of place here.

The other alternative is for me to move over there. That's complicated for a number of reasons.

I never got to finish my Leaving Certificate due to long term illness. I started in to a course in Sallynoggin this year, hoping to get into university off that, and then unfortunately had to defer. I'm planning on going back this September.

If I go over to England now, and do a two year college course there, I don't know how that will affect my education here. I'd have togive up my current college course, and most likely wouldnt get it back in the even the move to england fails.

That and after we;re married we are planning on living here. In which case I would start university here. However, without a leaving cert, and if I had english qualifications, would I have to pay for a uni course?

Or how would all of that affect things here in ireland?

Advertisement