Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €1 Sandwich.

Options
  • 11-01-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭

My local Spar (Mulhuddart) has started selling prepacked sandwiches for €1.

They are fairly basic stuff, just one filling, either 2 slices of thin ham or cheese between two slices of buttered white bread.

But as someone who tends not to get a sandwich filled to the brim with salads and stuff, I've always felt I'm being robbed by sandwich deli's which charge a minimum price of €3.50 or whatever.

I wonder if this is a trend towards more realistic pricing in the deli industry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Personally, I wouldn't trust the quality of a €1 sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

yeah, they look rank...just imagine the quality of the ham. its bad enough with the 3.50 sandwich!

make your own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah, they look rank...just imagine the quality of the ham. its bad enough with the 3.50 sandwich!

make your own!

+1 ....make yer own, much nicer anways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

My local Spar (Mulhuddart) has started selling prepacked sandwiches for €1.

They are fairly basic stuff, just one filling, either 2 slices of thin ham or cheese between two slices of buttered white bread.

But as someone who tends not to get a sandwich filled to the brim with salads and stuff, I've always felt I'm being robbed by sandwich deli's which charge a minimum price of €3.50 or whatever.

I wonder if this is a trend towards more realistic pricing in the deli industry.

It's a promotion being forced upon Spar by BWG. The stores are loosing money on these sandwiches when you take in all of the costs involved. They were at it about 8 months ago too.

The idea is you buy the sandwich and then something high margin like a bottle minerals or a bar of chocolate

Advertisement