Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jonathan McSherry, Park West,Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 00D911

Going by the address on Carzone he is just an individual dealing from his home address, im from that area and have never heard of him as a dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cedar Brook is, to the best of my memory, the houses/apartments on the Parkwest Distributor road going towards Cloverhill - so I'd agree with the above that it could easily be a small sole trader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

00D911 wrote: »
    Going by the address on Carzone he is just an individual dealing from his home address, im from that area and have never heard of him as a dealer

This isn't necessarily a problem ... he could still be a reputable dealer. By not having a fancy premises he could minimise his overheads. And if it is his home address, you will know where to find him in the future if there was an issue with the car you bought. If he was renting a small yard somewhere and trading from there it would be easier for him to disappear than if dealing from his home.

As always, do all the normal checks ... bring a mechanic, run a check on cartell.ie, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭alias no.9

As others have said, Cedarbrook is a residential development in Cherry Orchard. Park West is on the other side of the railway. Cedarbrook is a mix of apartments and duplexes. He's got an awful lot of stock at an address that probably only has one parking space, two spaces at an absolute maximum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Thanks lads. That's sort of my thoughts, that he works from home and that to me would be grand as you know where he is, however is he just selling cars for others as he surely cant have all the cars there if its apartments?

Any other feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Woody

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

lifer_sean wrote: »
    This isn't necessarily a problem ... he could still be a reputable dealer. By not having a fancy premises he could minimise his overheads. And if it is his home address, you will know where to find him in the future if there was an issue with the car you bought. If he was renting a small yard somewhere and trading from there it would be easier for him to disappear than if dealing from his home.

As always, do all the normal checks ... bring a mechanic, run a check on cartell.ie, etc.
    Woodgate wrote: »
    Thanks lads. That's sort of my thoughts, that he works from home and that to me would be grand as you know where he is, however is he just selling cars for others as he surely cant have all the cars there if its apartments?

Any other feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Woody
    If the seller lives in an apartment that an assumption could be made that they are renting and could easily up and off leaving your warranty document as toilet paper!
    To be honest, I wouldn't deal with any business that didn't have a landline!

At this stage I would be really grateful for info from anyone who has dealt with him.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Woody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

had a look at his stock and the only thing that caught my eye was a 00 CLK with 10k on the clock....yeah right 10k.

Dealing with dealers from apts is similar to having worms.....avoid

Thanks

Now called JJ Auto's, so probably says enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement