Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get the Other Half for VALENTINES??

Options
  • 11-01-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

So ladies,

we have less than 5weeks to Valentines Day, which is on a Saturday. time to get the thinking caps on.

what to buy?
    -something romantic>
    -useful e.g. clothes
    -thoughtful? - however men don't really 'get' the concept of thoughtful presents?! thoughtful in my boyfriend's mind would be a playstation3!!

hhhhmmmm.... its so tough in my opinion to buy for men on Val's Day?!

does anyone have any ideas????? my budget is 50euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just save the money for a big juicy steak for your man on March 14th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Something personal.

Going 'heres that Batman film on DVD' or 'Heres a Random Team F.C jersey, you like them right?' is a bit impersonal and will always look like the present was something you bought while out doing the groceries....

..something personal is always lovely.
    however men don't really 'get' the concept of thoughtful presents?!

some of us, contrary to popular belief, do :pac:

for instance....

I'm very big into history (how cool) and in particular the Spanish Civil War, bit nerdy actually. Anyway, for my last birthday my Dad picked me up a lovely piece of antique history from the Spanish eBay, which was the last thing I expected to be honest. That feeling? Deadly.

You can never go wrong with something that involves going out either, a nice meal, ideally at the end of a nice day. On the last missus' (TRAMP! LIAR! SPAWN OF THE BLAHBLAH....) birthday I took her out for dinner after wasting a day at the zoo, shopping, walking around eating ice-cream and being lazy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tismenotyou

Been with my other half 12 years
    every year he waits untill we are both in the shop to ask if i like this card or thoes flowers !
    plus its my birthday too so i have to endure it twice "what do you think of this birthday card love?"
    ggrrrrrr
    put some effort into it!! at least try ..

once ever he got it right with a ring ..

my advice is : put in the effort think of what the other person really likes ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I agree with private eye, get something specifically for him. I bought my bf markers he uses for art on ebay, he had a full set but has used up certain colours, so bought him the missing colours and some more he didn't have. The little effort it took me to root through his art drawer meant a lot to him. Maybe tickets to a gig or something, dinner first, then pub after or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

hhhhmmmmmm ... i shall have to get thinking indeed.

we do the meal thing quite a bit and thats why i would like to get something he'd really enjoy and get use of !?

he loves clothes, but he has loads, and in a way theres no real DEEP thought put into that is there. . .

hhhmmmmm

cheers for the ideas!!!

PrivateEye, nice present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think guys DO appreciate 'thoughtful' gifts, in fact my OH is always going on about getting eachother 'useful' gifts for birthdays etc. Think he has calmed down a bit anyway....
    So I followed someones advice on here, I got him a new wallet and am going to put a pic of us in it, and write my valentines message on the back. Also going to get him some new cologne, we agreed a small budget this year, as we are reaally trying to save, but I have some vouchers I got for Christmas I am going to use, so TECHNICALLY am not spending over the limit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Who doesn't want a Storm Trooper outfit?

DLX%20StormTrooper.jpg

Advertisement