Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stansted Trains Off for Pompey game

Options
  • 11-01-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Due to engineering work, Stansted Express is operating a bus replacement service on both Saturday and Sunday with an approximate journey time of 1 hour from Liverpool Street Station.

Real pain in the arse to have to go back to Liv St in order to get out to Stansted (by Bus).

Might be worth looking at getting a few of us to share a cab back to the airport. If you are flying home via Stansted next Sunday evening and you're interested in splitting a cab from Tottenham please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Does that mean there are no trains into Tottenham Hale station from Stansted going to the game either ?
    because i know a couple of guys going to that game via that route and would like to warn them, tanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

tippspur wrote: »
    Does that mean there are no trains into Tottenham Hale station from Stansted going to the game either ?
    because i know a couple of guys going to that game via that route and would like to warn them, tanx.

No trains either way Sat and Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Alright lads.

Dubspur, I am flying to stansted over on the 11.15 arr 12.30, back on the 21.45 on Sun if your on the same flights, I'm looking for people to share a cab to and from airport.

I normally use WHL cabs beside the WHL station and they charge 50.00, I have just called and they are going to let me know tomorrow if they will do the return journey for 100(they will def bring us back for 50). If I can get 3 names on the same flights I will book the cab.

With 4 in the cab it will cost 25 each, practically the same as express and cuts out a lot of messing with the bus etc.

cheers
    Mark

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Alright lads.

Dubspur, I am flying to stansted over on the 11.15 arr 12.30, back on the 21.45 on Sun if your on the same flights, I'm looking for people to share a cab to and from airport.

I normally use WHL cabs beside the WHL station and they charge 50.00, I have just called and they are going to let me know tomorrow if they will do the return journey for 100(they will def bring us back for 50). If I can get 3 names on the same flights I will book the cab.

With 4 in the cab it will cost 25 each, practically the same as express and cuts out a lot of messing with the bus etc.

cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm on the same flights and I'll definately share a cab with you if you can get 2 others. I think therecklessone is on the same flights too but I'm not 100%.

Cheers

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I think therecklessone is on the same flights too but I'm not 100%.

Cheers

Shane

Not this time mate, am in and out of Heathrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

Victoria Line off Sunday too!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit of a nightmare, hope the result is better....PLEASE..

Cheers Shane.

Lads, need 2 more on the stansted flights out on 11.15 arr 12.30 , back on the 21.45 to share a return cab. 25gbp each and cuts out the hassle of the buses etc.

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

Howye!
    new to this forum,
    there's two of us heading over on the earlier flight arriving at 9.25, but would be interested in sharing the cab from WHL to stansted for the 9.45 flight back to dub with you guys?

Condor, sounds good. At least we will have a taxi for getting back after the game. Can you pm me your name and mobile/I will send you on mine and I will book the taxi for coming back.

Shane - you still ok for sharing for getting back to airport? can you pm me your number if yes.

I will then book taxi and send on the details to you. Company is just before WHL train station so handy enough. What time were you thinking of heading back to airport? I was thinking if we got taxi for 7.45 be back there for 8.45ish.

cheers lads

Still looking for 2 to share the taxi from stansted from the 11.15 flight if anyone is interested.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Condor, sounds good. At least we will have a taxi for getting back after the game. Can you pm me your name and mobile/I will send you on mine and I will book the taxi for coming back.

Shane - you still ok for sharing for getting back to airport? can you pm me your number if yes.

I will then book taxi and send on the details to you. Company is just before WHL train station so handy enough. What time were you thinking of heading back to airport? I was thinking if we got taxi for 7.45 be back there for 8.45ish.

cheers lads

Still looking for 2 to share the taxi from stansted from the 11.15 flight if anyone is interested.

I know where their office is. That's all fine by me. I also have 2 more to make up 4 from airport to Tottenham. All sorted then. :).

I'll PM you my number.

• Advertisement

good stuff Shane. I'll book ret cab tomorrow and let you know once done.
    Now all we need is a result.
    coys.

Advertisement