Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was banned from Photography unfairly by Calina.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

But Gordon look at Paddy's original post in the thread, that is what led to the chaos.
    It so so simple.

OP wanted wedding photographer.
    A few people replied agreeing to it.
    Paddy says people are pimping themselves and in the same breath he pimps Fajitas.
    Its not about wether Fajitas is brilliant or not but simply consistency!!

I wasn't even one of the alleged pimps!!

Now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jeez, what has happened to the Photography forum these days?
    Fajitas and Elven stepped down as mods. That's what.

But Gordon look at Paddy's original post in the thread, that is what led to the chaos.
    It so so simple.

Paddy says people are pimping themselves and in the same breath he pimps Fajitas.
    Its not about wether Fajitas is brilliant or not but simply consistency!!

I wasn't even one of the alleged pimps!!

Now
    Dude, I've explained this already. He was suggesting instead of everyone pimping themself, that recommendations are given for photographers. In doing so, he recommended Fajitas. I'd recommend him too as I've seen his photography and regularly browse his site in admiration of his work.

It's not that hard to understand. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Fajitas and Elven stepped down as mods. That's what.

Lol!

/popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Gandalf why are you getting involved?

• Advertisement

CM you're missing my point!!
    I too love Fajitas and want his photography babies but the point was who is Paddy to slag of people and then in the same breath recommend someone else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Okay,

Challengemaster, word of advice: drop trying to explain. None so deaf as those who will not hear. This thread is a prime example of it and the thread in question is lost at this stage because I am not going to unlock it.

Ricky91T, I actually at this present moment in time don't blame the previous mod team for stepping down. If you had to deal with some of what I have to deal with, you might wonder why anyone does it. However I have gotten a great deal from the photography forum and would like to see it continue for the most part to be a place where people can come and get involved and learn about photography. Threads like the one which lead to this feedback are not a good reflection of the community, sad as it may seem in several ways; one they don't reflect the attitude of the community as a whole and two they give a bad impression of the community. It grieves me to see it.

AnimalRights, mod warning given, mod warning ignored, infraction issued. It really is that simple. You should know it by now.

Calina wrote: »
    Yep. It's up for discussion with the mods at the moment as it happens and there will be some changes to how people looking for photography services will be allowed to do it in the very near future.

What are you going to do about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

CM you're missing my point!!
    I too love Fajitas and want his photography babies but the point was who is Paddy to slag of people and then in the same breath recommend someone else!!

Might just be the new quote for my sig :D

want his photography babies
    Quote of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm not sure whether to lol some more, or back up against the wall tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It so so simple.

Recommending someone else is not necessarily pimping someone but recommending yourself definitely is. This is obviously an augmented word compared to what it used to be used for, the word has now changed and imo the tubosphere version of it is 'advertising yourself'.

What is more believable and worthy of further investigation:
    "Pick Me!"
    or
    "Pick Him!"
    ?

The very worth of the Photography forum will be enhanced by truthfulness and selflessnes, such a thing can never easily be proven to be true by self pimping.

Normally self-pimping isn't such a big deal as the wheat can be gleaned quickly from the chaff, but now that boards has grown so large it just creates so many more problems and side-problems it's a pain in the bum and taints the wheat from its chaffing.

Challengemaster, word of advice: drop trying to explain. None so deaf as those who will not hear.

Wait, so you're saying that you're not willing to listen at all? What kind of modding is that? I thought moderators were meant to listen to what posters have to say for themself instead of just moderating them on your own ideas of what happened.

/edit:
    Gordon wrote:
    Recommending someone else is not necessarily pimping someone but recommending yourself definitely is.
    See AR, Gordon understands my explaination.

What are you going to do about it?

When we have decided, you will know but we have a couple of options on the table. My intention is to make it as flame proof as possible because the mere mention of "I'm getting married" seems to bring so many of you out in a rash. In fairness, we've had to referee more than a few of them at this stage.

It will be flagged with a charter update.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Gandalf why are you getting involved?

Who the hell do you think you are to ask me that question. This thread was posted by outpost in feedback so anyone can reply.

I am a regular in the photography forum so I can reply to threads relating to that as well just as you can now take off your unofficial moderators hat please.

Wait, so you're saying that you're not willing to listen at all? What kind of modding is that? I thought moderators were meant to listen to what posters have to say for themself instead of just moderating them on your own ideas of what happened.

Nope I am telling you that your efforts to explain the saga behind that post that everyone is complaining about are being ignored by the people it was directed at.

I've already explained to you here that 1) you ignored a mod direction 2) you can't justify ignoring a mod direction so 3) you got an infraction.

I'm heading for the box of chocolates left over after Christmas. I'm tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

I think Calina gets too cranky too often to be a mod. And she takes it way too seriously. Any slight divergence from being "goody two shoes" and it's infraction time.

As it says under Gandalfs name: A government should be afraid of it's people. So give us a feckin chance calina and stop taking this Modding thing to the extreme. She probably has a big tin foil hat on right now with MOD tippexed onto it.

When we have decided, you will know but we have a couple of options on the table. My intention is to make it as flame proof as possible because the mere mention of "I'm getting married" seems to bring so many of you out in a rash. In fairness, we've had to referee more than a few of them at this stage.

It will be flagged with a charter update.

May I suggest that you seek the opiion of the users on this one!

Lets face it something has to be done about the issue but I dont believe that Moderators should be allowed to dictate the direction that the forum goes in, the job of the moderator is to police the forum!

gandalf wrote: »
    This thread was posted by outpost in feedback so anyone can reply.
    Who is Outback?
    :confused:

Shinjuku wrote: »
    I think Calina gets too cranky too often to be a mod. And she takes it way too seriously. Any slight divergence from being "goody two shoes" and it's infraction time.

As it says under Gandalfs name: A government should be afraid of it's people. So give us a feckin chance calina and stop taking this Modding thing to the extreme. She probably has a big tin foil hat on right now with MOD tippexed onto it.

What part of you ignored a warning do you not understand. What did you need 31 warnings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Shinjuku wrote: »

Stop being a twat.

Who the hell do you think you are to ask me that question. This thread was posted by outpost in feedback so anyone can reply.

I am a regular in the photography forum so I can reply to threads relating to that as well just as you can now take off your unofficial moderators hat please.

Calm down there Gandalf, I was only asking a question, I tought i had missed something!

Who is Outback?
    :confused:

My mistake I meant Shinjuku of course ;)

It's that type of tempetous attitude that got Gandalf him banned from Photography forums before Dodgykeeper, if memory serves me correctly.

I tend to count to 10 as part of my new years resolutions before I post.

Nope I am telling you that your efforts to explain the saga behind that post that everyone is complaining about are being ignored by the people it was directed at.
    Bit easier to understand now. See how explaination posts are helpful to people? Hence me posting mine..
    I've already explained to you here that 1) you ignored a mod direction 2) you can't justify ignoring a mod direction so 3) you got an infraction.
    I read over that 'mod direction'. tbh, after waking up and having breakfast, I had no idea what had been posted the night prior, or what had been deleted, and I don't remember seeing that 'direction' say "Keep things on topic" anywhere in the post. As far as I was concerned, it was relating to whatever happened the night before. Maybe your moderation shouldn't be so ambiguous in future?

And as I've already explained earlier in this thread, without a moderation log for the thread, it's impossible for users like me to know what WAS on topic after your "moderation" post. From what I see you chose to ignore that post though.

My mistake I meant Shinjuku of course ;)
    I know. :cool:

It's that type of tempetous temper that got Gandalf him banned from Photography forums before Dodgykeeper, if memory serves me correctly.

Did Gandalf get banned before, for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OP there were two clear warnings- you ignored them to have a pop at someone......... what the hell did you expect?

Did Gandalf get baned before, for what?
    Erm tbh I don't want to blacken his name so mums the word.

• Advertisement

Calm down there Gandalf, I was only asking a question, I tought i had missed something!

Oh I am calm. How are you today?
    It's that type of tempetous temper that got Gandalf him banned from Photography forums before Dodgykeeper, if memory serves me correctly.

LOL actually tempestuous temper had nothing to do with my banning at all. Glad to hear about your new year resolutions. I hope you keep it ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement