Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was banned from Photography unfairly by Calina.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thats not me getting my knickers in a twist at all. Its questioning who you think you are deciding who should and shouldn't reply to a thread.

The feedback forum is open to ALL users and not just the ones you deem are worthy of replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    You are generalising beyond what is reasonable.
    Maybe, maybe not. The masses of the photography forum still have not been alerted to the presence of this thread not had any chance to have a say on the matter. Maybe the question should be posted to them? See if I really am generalising or not.
    The reason that we are here is that 1 user was banned for 7 days because they ignored a moderator warning in thread and a number of others got infracted for ignoring in thread moderator warnings. It's really nothing more complicated.

Anything else can go on the feedback forum as many posters have stated in a constructive manner. I doubt any one would have a problem with that.

So you're completly ignoring everything that's gone on so far and the conclusion we've come to so far, is that there's problems with the moderation of the photography forum, and the users of the forum aren't happy with it? Unforurtunatly, It's a tad more complicated than you've layed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

kensutz wrote: »
    Did you take notice that I've been posting constantly in the photography forum for 2 years?

No but to be fair its nothing personal, I don't specifically know how long anyone is posting.

Please relate it to your previous post though and your point 2 years = what.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I would like every single poster to take 10 deep breaths and step back. This thread is getting no-one anywhere.

When the sun rises tomorrow I would like it if an SMod or someone suitably far up the food chain in this site could review the contents of this thread in the cold light of day. It's a trainwreck but someone who hasn't been involved in it so far might actually be able to make some sense of it. The original post has already been dealt with by Gordon - the ban stands.

I'd also like to add - however - that the main complainants in this thread cannot justifiably speak for the community as a whole and should stop claiming to do so.

It strikes me that a lot of personal differences are being fought out here but nothing of any real substance. As such it's not a productive exercise for anyone and I suspect the main result is heightened blood pressure around the place.

I have noted two requests for me to step down as moderator.

So you're completly ignoring everything that's gone on so far and the conclusion we've come to so far, is that there's problems with the moderation of the photography forum, and the users of the forum aren't happy with it? Unforurtunatly, It's a tad more complicated than you've layed out.

No, to be fair to my post i said in the last line;
    Anything else can go on the feedback forum as many posters have stated in a constructive manner. I doubt any one would have a problem with that.

EDIT: with apologies to Calina - this post was in the editor before your last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

The reason that we are here is that 1 user was banned for 7 days because they ignored a moderator warning in thread and a number of others got infracted for ignoring in thread moderator warnings. It's really nothing more complicated.

Er...lol.
    How can you say that?
    Do you really believe that?
    If that was how you state it do you really think this thread would have mushroomed into something this large....coming up to 10 pages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

gandalf wrote: »
    Thats not me getting my knickers in a twist at all. Its questioning who you think you are deciding who should and shouldn't reply to a thread.

The feedback forum is open to ALL users and not just the ones you deem are worthy of replying!

Since a precedent has been set I can call you a Tw*%!

Seriously man get off the high horse and cop on, I said I tought I missed something, I didnt know I had to be somebody to ask the Great Gandalf a question!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Well we all now know that Ken is a cry ba who runs of to report posts at the drop of a hat...although can't say he really wanted all of JoePublic knowing this.

;)

On this I think you are mistaken.

In any case while it's not fair on the community and the team of mods to abuse the report post function, I would say that we do request you in the charter to report problematic posts. I had a load of them very early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

No but to be fair its nothing personal, I don't specifically know how long anyone is posting.

Please relate it to your previous post though and your point 2 years = what.

Of constant posting on the Photography Forum which I posted about.

Calina wrote: »

In any case while it's not fair on the community and the team of mods to abuse the report post function, I would say that we do request you in the charter to report problematic posts. I had a load of them very early this morning.

I was told before to report post rather than complain in the thread, so I do it!

Can you tell me calina if you thik it is appropiate for Galdalf to talk about me reporting posts in an open forum, a yes or no answer will suffice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

The problem as find with the forum is and why people attempt to "oust" calina.

Is because she is on a whole different level to the other mods,
    Cabinsail has cracked jokes on the forum which i've found funny
    and other members have to judging by the thanks and he seems to be friendly and not wear the "mod hat" all the time.He'll happily post in many threads and not even mention things that then Calina will come along and post.

Ancatdubh is much the same,he although stricter is still friendly and only really mods when it is needed,and will still post without adding mod notes too his post

Calina on the other hand posts quiet alot as a moderator and not a user even on the smallest of thing,like the nominations thread with "arse of the year" i'm sure most users who saw it just thought the outcome would be amusing but then Calina comes in and writes 2-3 paragraphs "suggesting"(basically telling) Kensutz this is a bad idea and will result in infractions and what not,i think for me this is where i really began to dislike her modding,because something as small as four words which was a joke,was seen by her as the possibility of moderating(which last time i checked was what a Moderator is for) and therefore killed the whole idea of it and very little posted this is their nominations,

For me it is over moderated and only by one mod,Calina.The others do their fair share of moderating but keep it quiet and don't make a bog show out of it and a small essay for a post to explain why,the consequences and other things

A year ago when i was only a new user i remember enjoying the forum and having fun while helping others and having a bit of a joke too,now it's more like a challenge when you post you have to consider a vast amount of problems that could arrise from you just making a suggestion or helping some one out
    distasteful campaign by a small number of users of the photography forum to oust Calina for whatever personal reasons they have

Calina wrote: »

I was being sarcastic, it was aimed at Gandalf who broadcast publicly on Ken using the report button for trivial matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Since a precedent has been set I can call you a Tw*%!

No precedent was set at all. The Smod apologised and said he was wrong for saying it. I expect an apology accordingly.
    Seriously man get off the high horse and cop on, I said I tought I missed something, I didnt know I had to be somebody to ask the Great Gandalf a question!

I am not on a high horse at all. Why did you even think it was necessary to ask me the question on why I was commenting in the first place. As I said this is feedback and it is open to all users of the site to comment on posts.

If you queried the content of what I had posted then that would be fine but to question why I had even contributed to the thread was arrogant and smacked of back seat modding.

gandalf wrote: »
    No precedent was set at all. The Smod apologised and said he was wrong for saying it. I expect an apology accordingly.

I am not on a high horse at all. Why did you even think it was necessary to ask me the question on why I was commenting in the first place. As I said this is feedback and it is open to all users of the site to comment on posts.

If you queried the content of what I had posted then that would be fine but to question why I had even contributed to the thread was arrogant and smacked of back seat modding.

I apoligise for calling you a Tw*%, I honestly was under the impression that you were involved in the origina thread in some way and your posts were deleted aswell.

Er...lol.
    How can you say that?
    Do you really believe that?
    If that was how you state it do you really think this thread would have mushroomed into something this large....coming up to 10 pages now.

Divil the bit - I must have typed that last line in invisible ink :pac:

As i said to ChallengeMaster above when he also referred to the same post - the invisible ink line of my post says;

I apoligise for calling you a Tw*%, I honestly was under the impression that you were involved in the origina thread in some way and your posts were deleted aswell.

Fair enough and apologies for letting slip information about you. That was out of order by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

Hey, this is the OP here. Wow how this thread has grown, some very valid points here.

Not sure if this makes any difference but I'm going to try and justify myself here.

I didn't really "ignore" those two warnings from Calina. I just didn't really bother reading them.

I saw paddy@IRl's cheeky post and had to say something about it. If you noticed, after PAddy@IRL's rude post, nobody else offered their details as he mentioned people were "WHORING" themselves. What kind of sh!t is that to say? Who cares if twenty people offer to do a wedding.

So I kind of flicked through, saw Calina giving out about stuff as usual and I didn't bother reading it. I just replied to Paddy and.... That's it. Got BANNED.

While I dont think it is necessary for Calina to step down as a mod I believe that her Modding style has to change, she does a lot of good work on the forum but this is negated by her School Mistress style modding!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Shinjuku wrote: »
    Hey, this is the OP here. Wow how this thread has grown, some very valid points here.

Not sure if this makes any difference but I'm going to try and justify myself here.

I didn't really "ignore" those two warnings from Calina. I just didn't really bother reading them.

I saw paddy@IRl's cheeky post and had to say something about it. If you noticed, after PAddy@IRL's rude post, nobody else offered their details as he mentioned people were "WHORING" themselves. What kind of sh!t is that to say? Who cares if twenty people offer to do a wedding.

So I kind of flicked through, saw Calina giving out about stuff as usual and I didn't bother reading it. I just replied to Paddy and.... That's it. Got BANNED.
    There's gotta be a quote of the year in there somewhere.

• Advertisement

It's believable though.

Jesus man read back on what you just typed.

I suggest you take the ban and hope in a week people don't remember this gem :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Anyway, lets all kiss and make up and move on. Please. Okay, good thanks.

Now there has been Feedback given by Ken in another thread so lets take the time to have a glass of milk/water and cool down, have a read over and reply in a nice civil way without killing each other and being smart towards each other. :)

While I dont think it is necessary for Calina to step down as a mod I believe that her Modding style has to change, she does a lot of good work on the forum but this is negated by her School Mistress style modding!

spotsdp4.jpg

:P

Sully wrote: »
    Anyway, lets all kiss and make up and move on. Please. Okay, good thanks.

Now there has been Feedback given by Ken in another thread so lets take the time to have a glass of milk/water and cool down, have a read over and reply in a nice civil way without killing each other and being smart towards each other. :)

Feck that I'm off to bed. I'll try and reply tomorrow evening after French Class (and hopefully read some good solutions to the issues at hand!).

Probably why you received a justified ban for a week. Please re-read your post.

If it hadn't been Calina, it would have been me. As already posted Calina just happened to get to the thread before I could moderate it.

Is there a forum on boards where you could have done that and not received a ban (given there was an explicit ban warning in place)?

kensutz wrote: »
    Of constant posting on the Photography Forum which I posted about.

well ok (stretched k) but i'm not sure what's been suggested here. that we look at all posts for the last 2 years and weigh them up or something :confused:

Ok (short k) - tis too late. Off til tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

I was accused of ignoring Calinas warnings. As if she told me something and I laughed in her face and said "no way", but I didn't even know that she mentioned bannings etc; as I said I have seen her huge essay like mod-posts before and i just don't read them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Is in time to send in the cats yet?:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'm just impressed this hasn't been locked yet...appeal...revoked...close....whats the issue?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement