Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was banned from Photography unfairly by Calina.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Shinjuku wrote: »
    I was accused of ignoring Calinas warnings. As if she told me something and I laughed in her face and said "no way", but I didn't even know that she mentioned bannings etc; as I said I have seen her huge essay like mod-posts before and i just don't read them anymore.
    Reading isn't your strong suit? How about going to the toilet? Or do you just fill your nappy and wait for assistance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Why should the thread be locked Melek?
    It's brought out open discussion,getting things of peoples chests, clear the air like.
    I never understand people that want threads locked.

henbane wrote: »
    Reading isn't your strong suit? How about going to the toilet? Or do you just fill your nappy and wait for assistance?
    Have you read her massive posts?
    No didn't think so.
    Show some manners.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why should the thread be locked Melek?
    It's brought out open discussion,getting things of peoples chests, clear the air like.

Well in Feedback the idea is that once an issue is resolved, its locked before any trolling or crap goes on.

Outside of that, threads are locked for many reasons.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Why should it be?

i dunno i kinda think its being dragged on a tad, there was a issue brought up, it was reviwed by mods and posters gave opinions and action taken still stands...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Have you read her massive posts?
    No didn't think so.
    Show some manners.

Suitably chastised... I apologise to all morons... I shall never again question your ability to ignore a cogent argument

Oh ok Sully.
    So it's all in the hands of Ken's thread then?
    Good luck Ken!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Oh ok Sully.
    So it's all in the hands of Ken's thread then?
    Good luck Ken!

Please. I think we are done here, with this thread, and its now time to move on and see if we can work a balance between the mods and the users which we can do in Kens thread.

However, saying that, any smart arsed replies which seems to follow you and abusive posts are not whats being looked for. Some want a serious discussion and solve the problems people are having without up starts spoiling it. K thanks.

I would suggest your reply is more of what you describe than what my participation will be in Ken's thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jebus, 11 pages and no link? I found the relevant thread in Photography, and without knowing what was in the deleted posts, can't see much wrong with the modding therein. I would agree though that Paddy@CIRL's post was the spark, yet it did not seem to invoke any sanction or comment from the mod(s). The OP of that thread did invite approaches from individuals as well as recommendations, after all.

However, in this thread I see a concerted campaign by a gang of four (or five?) against one particular mod. I'm sure you'll all thank me, if you haven't already exhausted your quota in somewhat incestuous fashion.

The OP of this thread has definitively shot themself in the foot by admitting to not having read the relevant warning(s). They were a few lines long, ffs!

1 week ban, imo, = slap on the wrist. Infraction = warning that a slap on the wrist might follow for subsequent similar posting.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

As a non-Photography forum poster here's my 2c. Without any preconception regarding the mods, or any knowledge of the history of the forum, it seems to me that the infractions/bans were warranted. A poster asked for recommendations for a photographer. Some people put themselves forward, someone else recommended an apparantly well regarded photographer and got abused for doing so. A Mod issued warnings. Warnings were ignored. The inevitable results ensued. Seems straightforward to me.

Personally I would hate to see this go down the road of the Web Hosting forum where pimping/recommendations are not allowed. But that's where it is going from what I can see.

Macros42 wrote: »
    . A poster asked for recommendations for a photographer. Some people put themselves forward, someone else recommended an apparantly well regarded photographer and got abused for doing so. A Mod issued warnings. Warnings were ignored. The inevitable results ensued. Seems straightforward to me.
    The someone you mentioned was Paddy@IRL and he said and I quote
    "Instead of people shamelessly whoring themselves out, I recommend another photographer here."

Now this Photographer who is a mate of his is indeed a very good photographer but the point is the original OP asked for people and when they replied Paddy dissed them and then pimps out his friend.

It's not just about that particular thread, again you're not a regular poster on the Photography forum so would not know the bigger picture, do you really believe that the massive commotion this has happened is really just down to that thread?

"Instead of people shamelessly whoring themselves out, I recommend another photographer here."

Now this Photographer who is a mate of his is indeed a very good photographer but the point is the original OP asked for people and when they replied Paddy dissed them and then pimps out his friend.

It's not just about that particular thread, again you're not a regular poster on the Photography forum so would not know the bigger picture, do you really believe that the massive commotion this has happened is really just down to that thread?

Thats not the point. Regardless of what Paddy did or didnt do - you guys ignored the mod and got banned for it. Tough luck for ignoring the rules. Sort out your issue with Paddy, with paddy.

We have been through this for the love of god. Just let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

But the difference is that he recommended someone else. And nobody on this thread has said anything but good things about Fajitas!. I actually read his post as a light-hearted one - people were shamelessly whoring themselves. I don't have a problem with that but that's what it was - whoring. If/when I'm looking for a wedding photographer I will be much more interested in X recommending Y than X recommending X. But that's not the point at all. Calina basically said 'stop' and people didn't stop. I think she acted correctly in this case.
    No I don't. There has to be much more to it from the reaction of photography posters - one of which I know. And I stand by my statement that this is unrelated to any history in the forum. But as a standalone ban - the thread title is the general topic - it appears that it was warranted. Maybe the forum/forum mods need to lighten up - I don't know. But when a mod says stop bitching or you'll be banned then you really should listen.

Macros42 wrote: »
    But the difference is that he recommended someone else. And nobody on this thread has said anything but good things about Fajitas!.
    I've re-read that post again and while it's easy now to say he is jesting I don't think he was and the previous people who offered their services to the original OP who requested said services are then left by the wayside?
    If the OP is not used to this "style" of posting you could say that he will think lesser of their offers and they're left by the wayside, some people would say that was thread spoiling.

No1 is doubting Fajitas work for the 10 billionth time, in fact this is prob a great advertisement for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

No1 is doubting Fajitas work for the 10 billionth time, in fact this is prob a great advertisement for it!

Seconded, now can we please lock this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wow it's like the good ol' days of Feedback in here, oh how I missed thee. Some excellent lunch time reading.

Cheers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

henbane wrote: »
    Suitably chastised... I apologise to all morons... I shall never again question your ability to ignore a cogent argument

Have some manners, I don't want to hear anymore of that from you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ok reasons why this thread should be locked.
    - This thread was about a user being banned this has been discussed and covered, tbh this outcome is not going to change at this stage lads...move on seriously.
    - lolcats will soon begin in this thread
    - If you have a different subject you wish to discuss then create a new thread...this is a normal enough rule on boards
    - You are beating this subject to dust and it is important to not get into silly arguments and stick to the actual issue at hand!

That different subject is the general moderation of the photo forum which a new thread has since been created by Ken...as such lock this thread and move the general discussion to there. - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055459354

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Shinjuku wrote: »
    I didn't really "ignore" those two warnings from Calina. I just didn't really bother reading them.

And you wonder why you're banned.

I'd be inclined to suggest that Calina extend your ban on the grounds he doesn't need people in his forum who do not pay attention to moderation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement