Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing Centre + Technical Question

Options
  • 11-01-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I have my test on Monday the 19th - I only found out this Friday

* Is it possible to change location at short notice? I'm booked in for Wilton but would definitely prefer Blackrock - I haven't a clue of the Wilton -Togher area

If i request a change will I be put at the bottom of the pile?

* My car has a fog light switch - but it doesn't actually have fog lights - could I be failed for these not working - Even though the car was never equipped with them - I was thinking of re-spraying the switch to be safe

* Are they picky about keeping your lights on during the day?

* What about the double negative of Arriving at the test centre alone while only having a Learner Permit?
    Has anyone ever been done for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 vanman

you will have to take the the test where you receive an appointment for,any change you will be put back to the end of the que,dont mind the foglamp switch it dosent matter,if he askes about it say that it was never fitted with foglamps,but the switch was there if one wanted to fit them.
    if the day is dull switch on your dipped headlights before you set off.
    do not turnup on your own on a learner permit your test will be cancelled and you will have to pay for it all over again,some testers ask to see the person who came with you and that they have a full driving permit-good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

* Is it possible to change location at short notice? I'm booked in for Wilton but would definitely prefer Blackrock - I haven't a clue of the Wilton -Togher area
    I'd say it way too late to request a change now. Why did you apply to Wilton if you prefer Blackrock?
    * My car has a fog light switch - but it doesn't actually have fog lights - could I be failed for these not working - Even though the car was never equipped with them - I was thinking of re-spraying the switch to be safe
    Fogs lights (front and rear) are not a statutory requirement, therefore you cannot be penalised for not having them or if they are not working.

* Are they picky about keeping your lights on during the day?
    If visibility is poor put them on (dipped headlights NOT parking lights only!!).

* What about the double negative of Arriving at the test centre alone while only having a Learner Permit?
    The test begins when you are called from the waiting room. How you got to the waiting room is not within the official remit of the examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

vanman wrote: »
    do not turnup on your own on a learner permit your test will be cancelled and you will have to pay for it all over again,some testers ask to see the person who came with you and that they have a full driving permit-good luck
    Did you hear that from a man in the pub who heard it from a colleague at work who said it happened to her friend's sister in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If visibility is poor put them on (dipped headlights NOT parking lights only!!).

Big +1 on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

vanman wrote: »
    you will have to take the the test where you receive an appointment for,any change you will be put back to the end of the que,dont mind the foglamp switch it dosent matter,if he askes about it say that it was never fitted with foglamps,but the switch was there if one wanted to fit them.
    if the day is dull switch on your dipped headlights before you set off.

Everything Wishbone has said is 100% correct. The above quote about bringing someone with you is of absolutely no concern to the tester even if it is illegal. As an ex-tester I can confirm that you will never be asked who accompanied you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I'd say it way too late to request a change now. Why did you apply to Wilton if you prefer Blackrock? .

I didn't - mine was a rush job - I genuinely need it for work

The test begins when you are called from the waiting room. How you got to the waiting room is not within the official remit of the examiner.

Only in Ireland :)

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement