Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What text books are you using?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Specifically in Maths, Applied Maths, Biology, Chemisrty and Physics?

Does anyone use Georege Porters 'Senior Physics' anymore?
    Im doing some of the problems out of it and wouldnt mind some help...

Oh and is there an answer booklet to George Porters Multiple Choice 64 page manual that accompanies the 'Senior Physics' book?

Thanks for the help guys!
    John

Comments

For Maths I use Text & Tests 4 and 5; For Physics I use Dan Regan's Real World Physics; In Chemistry I use Chemistry Live!; and I use Oliver Murphy's Fundamental Applied Mathematics for App. Maths.

I've never used that Physics book, but, post up any problems that you can't solve and I'm sure there's a few of us here who could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

text & tests 4 and 5 for maths, Biology by michael o'callaghan, understanding chemistry, real world physics. we dont have an applied maths teacher so your on your own in our school if you want to study it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I use New Concise Maths 4 & 5 for maths, and Bioligy by Michael O'Callaghan for, well, Biology. I don't do the other subjects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Applied Maths - The brown one.
    Physics - Dan Regan's
    Chemistry - Chemistry Live
    Biology - Joe Reville's one
    Maths - Aidan Roantree's one. Think it's just called Maths or something.

For help, you might as well post the problems.

Advertisement