Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MLB TV

• 11-01-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just wondering about MLB TV. Do you have to live in America to get it? I'm a big Yankee fan and NASN only show a certain amount of Yankee games so I do miss big games as I would especially like to see all the Yankee Red Sox matches.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Just wondering about MLB TV. Do you have to live in America to get it? I'm a big Yankee fan and NASN only show a certain amount of Yankee games so I do miss big games as I would especially like to see all the Yankee Red Sox matches.
    Cheers

MLB.TV is available outside of the US and if your into your baseball its the best money you will spend all year. You get the choice of feeds from home or away team of up to 1.2meg quality. Check out their website for more info but you won't regret getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

mickger wrote: »
    MLB.TV is available outside of the US and if your into your baseball its the best money you will spend all year. You get the choice of feeds from home or away team of up to 1.2meg quality. Check out their website for more info but you won't regret getting it.
    Am a redsox fan and have it ,its good only thing is this year they stop showing a 10 mins highlights of game that they used to do.also remember that after around june most of the matches are on in the middle of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Facelessman

Actually after huge pressure from fans, they re-introduced condensed games mid way through the season. Presumably this feature will remain for the 09 season.

The service has its kinks. Mainly this involved not every game being in full wide screen (where the local broadcast was 4:3, the stream was in letterbox mode as it did not match the 16:9 mlb.tv stream). However, given the cost and the fact that most games I watched (NESN, Yes Network, Comcast Bay Area, FOX Baseball on Saturday) were filmed locally in 16:9 and so streamed full screen it is okay. It is a no brainer decision for baseball fans in Ireland to get mlb.tv.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Ive thought about signing up for this the last couple of years and never got around to it. Do they show every game for every team every night? If so then its well worth it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭JohnHenry

Have to agree with MICKGER, its the best money you will spend all year! Think it was about 120 dollars last year for the premium pack, though quality was excellent, full archieve of games accessable through the year, and best of all, if you are a fan of a west coast team like me, you can watch a condensed version of the game the next day so you dont have to stay up until 4pm in the morn to watch the games live!! Also, you can choose home or away commentry for most games which is pretty cool,

Giants for NL West next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

I was reading some interviews form the MLB administration that showed they planned to put far more effort into the web page and into internet options and viewing for the fans. I am curious to see what arises.

WYK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I've been subscribing for five years, and I mostly only watch my team's games, but it's still great value because that's a lot of games. (And as a Cubs fan, I get more games at 7pm here since they play more day games than any other team.)

It does have its kinks, sometimes different issues crop up each year, but overall the service has improved every year as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

You can watch any MLB game you want online without subscribing to mlb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yeah, but not in reliable 1.2Mb/s streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

zuutroy wrote: »
    Yeah, but not in reliable 1.2Mb/s streaming.

WOWWOWOW....3mbps streaming this year :D:D....mlb.tv are like NTL...great product, pity about the customer service

• Advertisement
Advertisement