Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price savings in Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Sk19 wrote: »
    Hi

Just roofing stage at the moment. Labour costs in the south have come down which is great but materials still very pricey. I’m based in the west. Just wondering does anyone know any good builders provider in Enniskillen. Or anywhere else in the north that deliver.

If you could pm or post it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

FR Cathcart is the builders providers in Enniskillen that I've seen mentioned most. I have no experience in dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paul127

could anyone reccomend a window company in the north (upvc)
    i would be very greatfull
    thanks p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Dungannon windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Theres a decent builders suppliers in Lisnaskea, just over the border from both Monaghan and Cavan, so decent enough to travel to. The best way to deal with them is in cash though and they stock pretty much everything you would need. Also loads of quarries around here as well some with prestressed units for cills and the like.

http://www.build.co.uk/company_274785.htm

Also for Electrical Supplies then take a look at McElwaine Group, they stock white goods and are a major electrical supplier and contractor also in Lisnaskea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Can anybody recommend tiling suppliers 'up north'?
    Having difficulty sourcing a particular look of a tile to keep the Mrs happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

concrete tiles - you are looking at Quinn, Redland.
    Bangor Blues - any merchant, for salvage PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Dont forget internet for sanitaryware,flooring,lighting and most other things.The latest thing we are getting delivered is a brand new inset fireplace. Just under £300 inc delivery. Similar ones here come in at around e800.
    Getting all our slate flooring shipped over too.
    The problem over here is the lack of competition leading to a "take it or leave it" attitude amongst the retailers. They think you can't get the stuff anywhere else exept down the road for a very similar price!

Hi we are currently at the start of a self build. can you PM me where you are getting your materials shipped from?

We are seriously concerned that our budget will not hold if we stay local.

rodge68 wrote: »
    :)Hi, I e-mailed a few places in the north but only one crowd in Tyrone have got back to me with a price for all the roofing materials.I would be making a saving of 1200 euros after delivery !! Money I could spend elsewhere!
    Hey, We are getting close to the roofing stage. Where are you building, was there any issue with delivery?

Bel2210 wrote: »
    Hi Sian have pm'd you

Hey can you pM me on the same info

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaughral

Hi,
    Looking for velux blinds at the moment, anyone got any suggestions of where to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 gwheels

Hi all

Hoping to move in in a month everything going right. Saved a packet pricing around, using the internet, and playing suppliers off against each other etc. The only places where I couldn't make much saving is in the blockwork, concrete etc as transport costs determined the price and meant I could only go so far in distance from the site in pricing. Also, a lot of local providers when pushed hard would give the extra discount, eg Kilmurrays in Mullingar were the cheapest by far for the roofing timber.

Otherwise the best prices including transport I found are as follows;

Plastering & Insulation: Ray Grahams in Newtownards
    Plumbing & Sanitaryware: AJ Plumbing in Banbridge
    Slates & Velux Windows: JJ Roofing in London, UK

Can't think of anymore if I do ill post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaughral

Anyone ever get blinds for velux windows from a crowd called DSC direct

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gwheels

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolli Wick

Hi Bel2210,
    Can you please PM me the details of where you got your supplies in the north and where you got your range in the UK??
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

Someone on this thread mentioned a place in Forthill, Down for Granite Sills.

Has an one got the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

can someone who went down this route recommend me (pm or post) name of supplier of insulation, roofing materials up north?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

tp25 wrote: »
    can someone who went down this route recommend me (pm or post) name of supplier of insulation, roofing materials up north?

+1 for this. About to start roof in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

try any of the <snip> stockists - i got all my roofing materials and insualtion from them. They were cheaper than any local independant for all my goods and took back anything that was not needed. Probably one in newry and armagh direction.
    Insulation came direct on two lorries from Kingspan

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

try any of the jp corry stockists - i got all my roofing materials and insualtion from them. They were cheaper than any local independant for all my goods and took back anything that was not needed. Probably one in newry and armagh direction.
    Insulation came direct on two lorries from Kingspan

thanks AntrimGlens,

Im seeking breathable insulation either knauf or woodfibre (if good price offered)

thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigreddog

we got our slates from Slate NI - Domiz blue/black, 8mm, very happy with the product, and the price was much cheaper for the similar quality slates that I could source locally.

pm if you want a pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

bigreddog wrote: »
    we got our slates from Slate NI - Domiz blue/black, 8mm, very happy with the product, and the price was much cheaper for the similar quality slates that I could source locally.

pm if you want a pic

Hi bigred,
    yeah i used the same slate for my house as jim had done the pricing for the floor slabs for me also - i hope you bargained hard with him as i ended up getting my slates for 85p each and a few rolls of felt thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Anyone know of a good stove store up north. Looking for boiler insert stove.

pm if you want a pic

Here is a pic of the slates on the roof - I can't seem to add an attachment in PM, so posting here instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 citywide

Here is a pic of the slates on the roof - I can't seem to add an attachment in PM, so posting here instead.

Hi I am looking for 20 by 10 natural slate approx six thousand slates how much each did you pay did you get the premium grade or standard you

Thanks for your help

citywide wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for 20 by 10 natural slate approx six thousand slates how much each did you pay did you get the premium grade or standard you

Thanks for your help

I got around the same amount - but the price was from this time last year, so I don't really want to say the price. Best to get in contact - I got quoted a price over email quite quickly.

The slates are X1 premium grade with a 75 year guarantee. They also sent a sample (direct from SSQ in London), and I got a copy of their CE cert for the slate before I decided to buy. Also worth pointing out that there have been some other slates around being sold as "Domiz", but that Slate NI are the sole agents for SSQ slates north and south - so be careful who you buy from!.

As I said before - I did a bit of research before I bought, and am very happy my choice and with the product!

I got around the same amount - but the price was from this time last year, so I don't really want to say the price. Best to get in contact - I got quoted a price over email quite quickly.

The slates are X1 premium grade with a 75 year guarantee. They also sent a sample (direct from SSQ in London), and I got a copy of their CE cert for the slate before I decided to buy. Also worth pointing out that there have been some other slates around being sold as "Domiz", but that Slate NI are the sole agents for SSQ slates north and south - so be careful who you buy from!.

As I said before - I did a bit of research before I bought, and am very happy my choice and with the product!

Hi I am new to this I haven't use it before but I thought its where people get advice & give advice if I haven't a price to compare to how do I know if I am getting vale or not ? I see a lot of people quoting prices etc

Thanks

Hi I am new to this I haven't use it before but I thought its where people get advice & give advice if I haven't a price to compare to how do I know if I am getting vale or not ? I see a lot of people quoting prices etc

Thanks

That's true, but I don't think it would be fair to my supplier to name the price I got for the slates a year ago.

I have posted that I was happy with the slates supplied, and that they were cheaper than locally sourced slates at the time (for the same quality), and have posted a pic of them on my roof.

If you wish to PM me I will tell you what I paid a year ago, but it will take you just as long to email them to get a quote.
    You can post that quote here if you want, and see if people think it's competitive - compared to current prices.

That's true, but I don't think it would be fair to my supplier to name the price I got for the slates a year ago.

I have posted that I was happy with the slates supplied, and that they were cheaper than locally sourced slates at the time (for the same quality), and have posted a pic of them on my roof.

If you wish to PM me I will tell you what I paid a year ago, but it will take you just as long to email them to get a quote.
    You can post that quote here if you want, and see if people think it's competitive - compared to current prices.

Hi how do I pm new to use this thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi how do I pm new to use this thanks
    faq

Advertisement