Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in county Meath?

• 11-01-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I would like to take up a new hobby/interest. I live near Navan, have you got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

if you're interested to taking up a hobby or doing some classes Beaufort College do some good night classes if you're interested in them.

you can get a brochure in the navan shopping centre and have a look, also the vec do some classes also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Take a look at Meath County Council's community site. You'll find many links to things to do there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Trim Canoe Club run kayak courses on the Boyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 scaletec

take up knacker drinking! loads of places round the town to do it. ramparts,parks and childrens playgrounds. don't forget to leave all your rubbish behind you-god knows nobody else does.best of all nobody will bother you i.e. council or gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

or nic-naking is good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Wargaming ? There's a club in drogheda but people come from dundalk, ardee and navan aswell to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Malman, i asked this very same question about a year ago here in the meath forum and i got all the same answers plus a few extra... like joining a political party (No fecking way! :D), Diving (not a great swimmer!), Poker (what fecking spare cash would i have?) and the Civil Defense (Ah... no).

None of these were my personal favorites... so i have resorted to a club called the "sit on my ass on these cold winter nights and watch the crap on Sky"! :D

It works for me!

But on a serious note, i personally haven't found a club or hobble in the Meath area that i would be up for... so i wish you the best with your search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Reserve defence Forces.

Advertisement