Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pernod - does anybody drink it these days ?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Picked up a bottle in Dusseldorf a few weeks ago - it was on special for 12E - tried a bit with lemonade but to be honest Yuk ! Whats a good way to drink it ? Or it'll be left on the shelf forever along with probablr the most awful stuff I ever bought - Vanilla Smirnoff - totally yuk !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Baybay

When we're in France one of our friends always serves Ricard's Pastis as an aperitif, generally one part Pastis to about two parts ice cold water.

It wouldn't be my drink of choice but, especially during summer, can be quite refreshing served like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Might try that - just mixed with ice cold water :) Let you know how I get one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Blackcurrant goes great with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pernod & blackcurrant is popular enough. Or rats style from paths to freedom, "pernod & lucozade":eek:

I know I've had a few tonight but pernod and lucozade makes me feel ill . Mind you I am drinking straight Jamesion and considering putting some coke with it .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

I love it. Try it as a long drink, a large spirit measure topped up with 7up or any lemonade and loads of ice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

my mam used to drink it straight, or maybe with white lemonade.

on a *good* night out, id be reaching for it to mix with bulmers.
    very nice - noone else will drink that mix though :) but i like it.

dont mix drinks btw ;)

mixing drinks is bad right ?............ :)

very bad ! dont do it !

I won't - sorry wheres that cranberry with my whiskey... ......... .... yuyk :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The french do!

One word:

Pernodbombs!!!!

Replace Jaegar with pernod, and add red bull.

Not as vile tasting as it sounds.

Will have you on the dance floor quick as a whip.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If you tried it with lemonade and didn't like it than mixing it with iced water à la French probably isn't going to make it any better. Pernod first, add water second.

It's only a summertime drink over here so make sure it's at least 25°C outside before you serve yourself a glass :p

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

i gor for it straight or with some sparkling water.
    always lots of ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

You mix it with 3-5 parts ice cold water. I used to love it but I've kinda gone off it. Moved on to JD's. Ive a bottle I'm going to try and flog off to my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

From learning it the bar trade, a lot of people go for Pernod and bitter lemon.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

demand has dropped for pernod in the past few years and the product was delisted in my offi a long time ago because of poor demand.

jossnjuice wrote: »
    demand has dropped for pernod in the past few years and the product was delisted in my offi a long time ago because of poor demand.

heh, first time i read that i thought you abreviated offi from office, rather than off-license... i was like *thats* the place to work ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

On a slightly different note regards Pernod. If you are ever in a really dodgy bar or some such place, where watering of drinks is a very distinct possibility. Pernod can't be watered down as it changes colour.

It is lovely with lemonade, disgusting in my opinion with blackcurrant. I never tried it with bitter lemon.

Advertisement