Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daschund pups

Options
  • 11-01-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I am lookin for a smooth haired miniature daschund puppy. Would love a chocolate one, they are gorgeous , but hard to get. If not chocolate an ordinary brown one is ok. Does any one know good miniature daschund breeders in Ireland? I have checked buy and sell, it does not seem to be much out there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Don't know of any but if you see a friendly looking daxie owner on the street perhaps ask them where they got them, sometimes word of mouth works.
    Although do obviously be careful and check out the breeder and their set up and check everything is legit.

I was thinking about this breed as our next pooch but what put me off was that they can suffer from back problems and other issues, in general they are a lovely dog but bit too delicate. Only Daxie I know of suffers from IBS bless him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lilly333

Thanks a million for the reply. I will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

This might help.

Irish Dachshund Club
    Mrs. M. A. Finney
    Gulliagh House, Ballyboughal, Co. Dublin.
    (01-8078993

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭BeauZak

I have 2 mini smooth dachshunds black and tan. Both are from reputable breeders and both have serious health issues at ages 5 and 6. Please be careful where you get your puppies from. Contact the secretary and go from there. Also check out accreddited breeders from the UK kennel club.

There is a black and tan smooth Dachshund in Dunboyne Pound right now looking for a home. You may consider him/her but I am sure there is a name on that little dog.

I also took 2 Dachshunds from rescue 1 is from Ashton pound a mini smooth black and tan and the other is from an home where she was unwanted she is a mini long haired black and tan. Both live with my Mum.

Have also rescued about 4 other Dacshunds from pounds/unwanted homes. They don't come up in rescue too often.

They are a lovely breed but as with most pedigree dogs they do have their health issues. IVDD (disk disease) and neurological problems are common.

Good luck and if you want to know anything about the breed PM and I am happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Hello BeauZak, I love dacshunds to look at. I was considering on buying one, but if they have serious health issues associated with them then perhaps a different dog would be better? What do you think? My other half would like to get one from a pound, to save it.

I've always had a westie at my parents home, but I would like a change. (looking for a small dog that sheds little) - sorry for coming on your thread lilly, but I am/was looking for what you were looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement