Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers(Irish VAT) vs Novatech (UK Vat)

Options
  • 11-01-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just about to buy components for a new i7 machine. Been a while since I have done a build and noticed that Overclockers now charge using Irish VAT rates when you put in an Irish address but sites like Novatech dont.

That pretty much kills Overclockers for me.

Novatech seems to be great on prices, any other ones out there at the moment that are worth looking at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Robertr wrote: »
    Just about to buy components for a new i7 machine. Been a while since I have done a build and noticed that Overclockers now charge using Irish VAT rates when you put in an Irish address but sites like Novatech dont.

That pretty much kills Overclockers for me.
    It's not their fault though. Any EU distance seller that does over X amount of business (can't remember how much X is exactly) per year with another EU state is obliged to charge VAT at that countries rate and not their own. A small UK company that doesn't do enough (i.e. more than X) business with Ireland will still be able to charge UK VAT, at least for a while, until they get more popular, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Not quite as cheap as novatech, but i'd recommend dabs.ie over ocuk.

Advertisement