Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Single and Having Hormones...

Options
  • 11-01-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

.... sometimes sucks. Even though, I am quite inexperienced, I still have needs, desires etc, and being single sometimes does suck. I am not someone who could just sleep with someone for the sake of it, as it would need to be someone I can trust and be vulnerable around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I hear ya.

Maybe it's not what you need to hear but it isnt always singles that experience those frustrations. Levels of needs and desires arent necessarily equal between partners within a marriage or perhaps a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

2 words = sex toys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

dixiefly wrote: »
    I hear ya.

Maybe it's not what you need to hear but it isnt always singles that experience those frustrations. Levels of needs and desires arent necessarily equal between partners within a marriage or perhaps a relationship.

I hear that, as different expectations, needs, desires etc. i think cos of the current no action at the moment, I am finding it frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

No more smart arsed posts please.

One and only warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

.... sometimes sucks. Even though, I am quite inexperienced, I still have needs, desires etc, and being single sometimes does suck. I am not someone who could just sleep with someone for the sake of it, as it would need to be someone I can trust and be vulnerable around.
    I would recommend you try to rid yourself of such inhibitions and believe in yourself more... nothing wrong with having a purely physical encounter or fling with someone whom you're just physically attracted to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have you tried a drop of bromide in your tea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

a dalliance with someone you find attractive will not compromise your morals or anything like that. We all have needs and have different ways of fulfilling them whether we are single or attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭ptashka

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Have you tried a drop of bromide in your tea ?

What does that do???
    SarahSassy wrote: »
    2 words = sex toys ;)

Wouldn't agree with you on this one SarahSassy...The rampant rabbit just doesn't do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

dixiefly wrote: »
    I hear ya.

People in Long distance relationships experience these frustrations too for what its worth...

And yes it does suck, and no, sextoys don't cut it, very unfulfilling on ones own when it boils down to it to be honest.

For what it's worth, my hormones have got me into trouble all my adult life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Girls have it easy. When they get hormones they can just pick a guy up at a club and go home with him. It's a hell of a lot harder for a guy-we have to approach the girls, chat them up and try and convince them to go home with us-which isnt a easy task. Any girl can give a guy an eye and bring him home that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Girls have it easy. When they get hormones they can just pick a guy up at a club and go home with him. It's a hell of a lot harder for a guy-we have to approach the girls, chat them up and try and convince them to go home with us-which isnt a easy task. Any girl can give a guy an eye and bring him home that night

that's simply not true.... and im a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

ok maybe ill take the last sentence back but its still easier for girls! Especially for those who are good looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sounds like you want a relationship, as one night stands don't suit, but want to be independent! :D

Now you need to find a man who wants all of the above!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Girls have it easy. When they get hormones they can just pick a guy up at a club and go home with him.
    not really, i'm thinking this through a girls mind, but what if i picked the wrong guy, i could wake up dead tomorrow.
    It's a hell of a lot harder for a guy-we have to approach the girls, chat them up and try and convince them to go home with us-which isnt a easy task. Any girl can give a guy an eye and bring him home that night

i agree with the first point that it's slightly harder for men, but some women actually do actually take upon themselves to play the "man" role as you say and it's pretty cool when they do.

not any girl can give me the eye and take me home.

1. she's probably looking at my constantly drugged look eyes.
    2. i do have some standards no kerry katona's for me tbh :pac:
    3. also if she's mahogo - as the northside dubliners say - then i don't wanna be caught orange handed :D

3. also if she's mahogo - as the northside dubliners say - then i don't wanna be caught orange handed :D

Did you just say that your a gingerist. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Kirnsy wrote: »
    that's simply not true.... and im a guy!

Technically it is true, he said any girl, can pick up A guy, not any guy.

Therefore, it is true, because of the fact that ANY girl can get me in a second if she wants, I am just not picky.

Hence the final sentence was true.

QED

OP, I agree with you 100% from a male point of view, being single sucks, especially since DIY is never good anymore.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

People in Long distance relationships experience these frustrations too for what its worth...

And yes it does suck, and no, sextoys don't cut it, very unfulfilling on ones own when it boils down to it to be honest.

So, so true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

LDRs are just as bad for this sometimes OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Did you just say that your a gingerist. :mad:
    no, mahogo = someone dipped in fake tan :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Technically it is true, he said any girl, can pick up A guy, not any guy.

Therefore, it is true, because of the fact that ANY girl can get me in a second if she wants, I am just not picky.

Hence the final sentence was true.

QED

OP, I agree with you 100% from a male point of view, being single sucks, especially since DIY is never good anymore.

stop being so petty

all i was saying was that ALL girls cant pick up guys at will....even though i accept that it is easier for a hot girl to pull than a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Sex is only so important when you're not getting any. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

consultech wrote: »

In the same sense that air only seems important when you're not getting any, though.

Life without having sex for an extended period of time would be difficult. OP, go out and get a good aul shag for yourself. Just make sure you're safe and everything should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Weidii wrote: »
    In the same sense that air only seems important when you're not getting any, though.

Life without having sex for an extended period of time would be difficult. OP, go out and get a good aul shag for yourself. Just make sure you're safe and everything should be fine.

Ah yeah, dont get me wrong, I wouldnt be able to go any extended period of time without bumpin uglies either - But when your in a long term relationship your perspective on this topic tends to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭deathstarkiller

Try and go 4 and a half years without. That's where I'm at at the moment. It's not fun. Oh boo hoo, poor me.
    Ah, I gotta have fate that I'll meet someone. I know I'm awesome, it's just women don't. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Try and go 4 and a half years without. That's where I'm at at the moment. It's not fun. Oh boo hoo, poor me.
    Ah, I gotta have fate that I'll meet someone. I know I'm awesome, it's just women don't. :rolleyes:

If you keep up the self belief, someone else will get it. Then you'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

consultech wrote: »

+ 1

Advertisement