Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wtf?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

stovelid wrote: »
    But not worthy of a ban. As it's not personal.

If I think someone is saying shít like that to take a dig at another poster/posters I'd ban them. It's abuse towards another user/users at the end of the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully, I am not trying to wriggle out of anything. I know how this site works I wouldnt waste my time trying to get a mod to reverse their decision. I dosnt happen.

It doesnt? Are you prepared to say thats fact? Because I will warn you in advance, I can prove you wrong. It DOES happen. Problem is, when a user complains and is clearly in the wrong they refuse to think outside the box and point the finger at everyone bar them. A bit like now.
    I am just trying to float the idea that personal abuse should be an instant ban as attacking the poster based on their post is in fact attacking their post as I dont even know the poster.

Eh? Personal abuse is, in some forms, an instant ban. In others, it depends on how abusive you get. Attack the post and not the poster. That is, take their post to shreds if you disagree. Your not cool by calling the user scum because you cant hold a proper debate.

I have been trying to articulate my point, not very well be the looks of things, apologies.
    See above.

Your trying to get a ban over turned or future such bans over turned by trying to convince us that abusing a user is fine because its not actually personal as you dont know him/her. Correct? If so, refer back to a previous post where I stated regardless of your relationship with the poster its not allowed.
    I am trying to offer an opinion, this is feedback afterall. All i seam to be getting is 'your feedback is wrong, now fu(k off'
    If ye dont want feedback dont have a feedback forum.
    Can you not work with me here?

Well you started of on a bad foot but we will put that behind us. Your feedback seems to be "Allow people abuse each other" which simply wont ever be the case. If I am still ****ing up understanding what you are actually trying to say will you break it down for me like I am a six year old so I can understand better and respond better?

Maybe we are all useless at trying to see what you are saying so help us to help you dude! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Feedback retracted.

You have broke me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If I think someone is saying shít like that to take a dig at another poster/posters I'd ban them. It's abuse towards another user/users at the end of the day.

This is the post that I was called up on:

Simple.

People that find Madeline jokes funny are tards or teenagers. Or both.

Devise a way to criticise them that doesn't involve personal insults.

Or ignore it like I do.

Everyone's happy.

End.

Do you think saying:

in a feedback thread is personal abuse?

Given that I was advocating ignoring those jokes and not being baited?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you think saying:

In a feedback thread is personal abuse?

No and I wasn't saying that it is (in case that's how you read it). What I am trying to say is using a statement like that isn't going to help you evade a ban just because it isn't aimed at one specific person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No and I wasn't saying that it is (in case that's how you read it). What I am trying to say is using a statement like that isn't going to help you evade a ban just because it isn't aimed at one specific person.

Fair enough.

I was answering Orestes who equated my comment:

(which was in the context of this feedback discussion about taking offence to Maddie jokes)

with directed, personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

your username is that of a convicted paedo (mis-spelling aside)... surely you should be queuing up to bugger the corpse rather than worrying about offended sensibilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Thank you. You have been a great help.
    I'm sure that at some point in the thread someone will have pointed out the thread(s) or post(s) in question. This however is the point where I decided that the OP isn't worth paying any attention to.

Blue Peter badge if to the first 10 viewers who can work out why and sent their answers on a postcard to Broadcasting House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Fair enough.

I was answering Orestes who equated my comment:

(which was in the context of this feedback discussion about taking offence to Maddie jokes)

with directed, personal abuse.

I didn't equate it with direct personal abuse, I equated it with personal abuse as I think that abusing a group of people based on an opinion is insulting to every person in that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

sept 2008 join date? Why are new timers even allowed post in feedback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Feedback retracted.

You have broke me.
    Hey smithy, you're a fucking asshole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I give up.

This site is perfect. Well done. You all deserve medals.
    Feedback retracted.

You have broke me.

funny-pictures-cat-wonders-if-he-is-broken.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

muffler wrote: »
    Hey smithy, you're a fucking asshole

muffler, you know better that to behave like that in here.

Ban deserved.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement