Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to cash in 'One for All' Gift Vouchers!

• 12-01-2009 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭

Not quiet a Bargain, but this may be useful.
    Got 2 x €100 euro 'One for All' vouchers' this Christmas but didn't really have a need for stuff in the Bricks and Morter shops on the list. So i went into Argos and bought 2 small items, €10 each (2 separate transactions, one voucher for each item) and got cash back. I'd say they'd give cash back even if it was a pack of batteries for €2.

Anyways, now i can spend it wherever i like!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ding Ding Ding

Bargain Alert of the century!! Well Done!!

Wait a minute.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

thanks for the info ! sister for 100e for xmas and said she needed to sell them cos she didnt think she could get back change. nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Cool. Thats the 1st time I've heard of anyone getting cash back... usually only give you a poxy voucher for the same shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Cool. Thats the 1st time I've heard of anyone getting cash back... usually only give you a poxy voucher for the same shop!

I've always got a voucher back too! Nice one OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54259932&postcount=8

I would assume its one cashier being too generous, and not an official policy from Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Same happen to me. bought something for 20e, and got cash back from 100e voucher in blanchardstown westend..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I got one of the gift cards last christmas and nowhere in the north west was accepting them at the time. I rang one4all and was told I could change it back at the post office? Not sure if this is a standard thing or just because I gave out, but worth a phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would assume its one cashier being too generous, and not an official policy from Argos

They might not have spotted it. Argos are very good for returns, its the main reason I use them. They offer cash returns on CC payments. If you are ever stuck with no cash, buy something and return it 10mins later and get a cash refund!

There might be other ways to "launder" vouchers. e.g. buy a thing in a shop and the voucher should appear on the receipt, no return the item in exchange for another item. You will often be given a new receipt which has no mention of the original voucher, now bring back the exchanged goods for a cash refund. Problem is very few shops give cash refunds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Saint_Mel wrote: »

4home superstores also gave me cash back from a One4all voucher. I had 2 x €50 vouchers. Bought something for €55 and they gave me back the change! These were the "cheque" type vouchers. Don't know if it works with the card type ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Repolho wrote: »
    4home superstores also gave me cash back from a One4all voucher. I had 2 x €50 vouchers. Bought something for €55 and they gave me back the change! These were the "cheque" type vouchers. Don't know if it works with the card type ones.

With the card type ones, they just take what you spend and leave the balance on the card, you can check the remaining balance on their website, make sure you do before shopping as some places won't accept them unless you know exactly how much is left on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

One thing to note on these vouchers.
    When you get them initially, they can be used in all the shops listed but if you buy something and there is change due, you will receive a voucher back from that shop and so therefore can only used in that shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

Off topic i know but...
    Any idea's how to cash in an Brown Thomas voucher?
    Thanks... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

slemons wrote: »
    Off topic i know but...
    Any idea's how to cash in an Brown Thomas voucher?
    Thanks... :)

Had the same problem. Ended up just spending them in Brown Thomas! I had about €30 left on the card. The sales assistant told me they can be spent in other shops, think he said oasis, warehouse and maybe a-wear but I'm not sure. Not much use to me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

A-wear no longer accept BT vouchers. They used to, but seemingly the ownership of Awear changed last year. I have a BT voucher, so have to spend it in BT. It's a card, so anytime I've used it, they just deduct the cost and the balance is left on the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Just a quick thought, some shops offer full refund within 28 days of purchase (they don't hve to, they just do). So if you buy something say before a Sale (Christmas) and for whatever reason you don't use it, technically you could bring it back to the shop if the price comes down in the Sale for Cash and then buy it back at the lower price!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Is this still working at Argos? If not Argos do any of you know where it will work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,041 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Please don't bump old threads..

.. closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement