Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Podge and Rodge Show

Options
  • 12-01-2009 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys, was reviewing old videos of Podge and Rodge on the www.thepodgeandrodgeshow.com fansite and im just wondering have the boys passed their sell by date with the show? Think they were at their creative best during the "a scare at bedtime" series. Any thouughts?? The fansite is worth a look tho.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah yeah I gave up on them a long time ago. Not remotely funny these days, sad but true. Think the lads would have better luck going back to being Zig and Zag now, Podge and Rodge's time is well gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The show has ran its course and should be retired IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

They've been finished since they started the chat show format. It's a terrible half hour of risible comedy, and Lucy Kennedy. Shame, they had a good thing once. Lucy Kennedy though, what the Hell, how? How was she brought in and how does she keep getting shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

no way is it past its sell by date, cracks me up every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

It is a repeat almost every week - same jokes, nothing new and I think that it is time to do something new for either P&R or Z&Z.
    I would like to see Z&Z come out of retirement and do something new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd like to see RTE re-show episodes of a Scare at Bedtime as i haven't it in years. My favourites were the one with the Banshee and the one with the song "Don't go Shoving Bangers up your arse on Hallowe'en":D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

robo wrote: »
    It is a repeat almost every week - same jokes, nothing new and I think that it is time to do something new for either P&R or Z&Z.
    I would like to see Z&Z come out of retirement and do something new.
    Zig and Zag is only for 5-10 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

The show is terrible.

When the show started it was good, contraversal and funny but its gone so downhill. It should be axed

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the show reached its high water mark when they interviewed Freddie Starr

does anyone know where this clip can be found?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Sam Kade wrote: »

You're either obviously either too young to have been around when they were on the Den with Simon or Ray, or have never watched them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

Series one was okay

but from the second series 2 started, they seemed to have shifted it into being this awful tacky show... sorta lika a condensed version of all Channel 4's awfulness or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

rte should screen the other creation from the creators, the bronx bunny show. they make podge and rodge look like alter boys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Anywhere to watch missed episodes online? RTE only has them up for a week...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Jip wrote: »
    You're either obviously either too young to have been around when they were on the Den with Simon or Ray, or have never watched them at all.

Well I'm around long enough to remember them on the Den and I agree with Sam. They were rubbish back then, and they are rubbish today! Podge & Rodge are just as bad, and as for Dustin ... :rolleyes:

RTE should stick to showing imported UK/US soaps, TV shows and films as virtually everything that's produced locally is pure amateur hour, tacky, and generally a waste of tax-payers money. Don't believe me? Look at shows like Kilnaskully, Winning Streak, Colm & Jim Jim's Home Run etc

Hell, even the RTE News can't be done without the almost daily technical/production scew-up. Makes you sick to legally HAVE to pay for this stuff through a license fee. At least in the UK they get value for money in the BBC, HD, Freeview etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Haven't seen it in a while, but watching it now and it's terrible. Not funny at all! I was a big fan, Scare at bedtime was good, but they milked that to death too. They're really dragging the chat show out.

Advertisement