Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blu-ray problem

Options
  • 12-01-2009 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I have a samsung series 6 lcd tv 100 Hz, problem is that on some blu-rays the Hz is different, example on the rambo box set the Hz was 50Hz but then when I played the extra on it, it was 60Hz, as far as i know i dont think any telly can give the full 100Hz, I using the ps3 to play the blu-ray, also i got cloverfield and it was only 25Hz, i thought it was how old the movie was, that might explain why lower the Hz the older the movie, i guess my question is, is there a way to gets close to or 100Hz, or is it just down to the disc and when it was made?
    I dont think its the HDMI cable as far as I know i`ve read that there all the same....any help or advise would be cool, cheeers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

For movies, 100hz (1080p/50 with every frame repeated) can be quite harsh, and not like real cinema reel as the film makers intended.

In this regard there is 1080p/24 which you should google. This essentially slows down the effective rate to 4 or 5 frames repeated (dependent on 100 or 120hz) to give a much more dramatic effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

yeah that makes sense,but i never thought that there would be so many different i guess picture quality, i always thought that once you had blu-ray all the pictures would be the same, like dvd, ya no....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

lewis wrote: »
    i always thought that once you had blu-ray all the pictures would be the same, like dvd, ya no....

LoL

Hollywood won´t do anything `simply` as to do so would be cheaper, and they are not `about` cheap.

If you thought the picture formats are complicated, have a look at the audio formats too. They are pretty numerous too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

i did, thats why i let it automatically select the best settings lol

Advertisement