Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Concrete Shed

Options
  • 12-01-2009 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hello, I'm building a concrete shed (19 m2) and I'm going to be needing about 8-10 m3 of concrete for the foundation/floor, I bought a mixer for when I'm doing the block work but with the price of getting concrete pumping in for the founds I'm having brainwaves:confused:, iv never mixed cement and I'm just wondering if the foundation would be taking on to big of a job for myself to do in one day,
    Any advice would be gratefully appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

How much conc will the foundations take?
    The foundation should all be poured the same day.

If the foundation is excavated and the levels pinned then it would be possible to do. You would need some help! 2 mates and a good mixer. Gravel and sand should be close to the mixer.

Floor cound be poured another day. You will feel it the next day as it will be hard going.

Get 3 quotes off conc suppliers and see if its worth it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

the foundation is going to be 7 m3, its just theres no rear access and the pump is going to cost 350 for the foundations and another 350 for the floor, thats before i even get the concrete, I might look for the ready mixed stuff and see if any company deliver it in a skip and just wheelbarrow it through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Just as you said, wheelbarrow it through. Lorry will wait for you as it won't take too long. Just give him somewhere to clean his chute after.
    Get a few mates round, three wheelbarrows, and off you go!
    You'd be surprised how quick it goes!;)

Plenty of polythene on the floors though and halfway up the walls ( splashage!)

Mixing and pouring is a much much more difficut proposition, you will be soooo dissapointed with how little the mixer ouputs at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Concrete burns - make sure all your mates have wellies! Remove any spillage immediately to prevent "burns".

Advertisement