Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever noticed...

• 12-01-2009 6:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭

How if you go to microsoft forums to ask a question, your question will wind up on about 11 different websites? I went googling for an old problem of mine ("overheal shrink volume") and found it had gotten everywhere like bad herpes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

Microsoft forums are seen as an authority, I guess. There's no more to it, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Any website can do the same and as a matter of fact it is happening with other websites too.
    When something is posted basically you have got a little engine that sends updates to google and the like, using different technologies such as "ping" and also sitemap etc...
    Then you have got the "leechers" engines that read the RSS feeds and so and publish the content or links on their own websites too.

When I post something on my blogs within one hour or so it gots spreaded to many sites too, google included, using Technorati, Google Feedburner etc.

Nothing too fancy here :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dont you feel violated though? I went to reply to my own thread and couldnt remember on which of 2 dozen sites I had registered. **** that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Overheal wrote: »
    dont you feel violated though? I went to reply to my own thread and couldnt remember on which of 2 dozen sites I had registered. **** that.

You have far too much time on your hands

Advertisement