Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car vandalised. what next?

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

:mad::mad:

Hi Guys

Just noticed, driver side glass of my car is smashed and glove box open. Worse, I noticed every second or third car has been smashed in my block. May be ten in-together.

Happened to me first time. Please tell me what to do next? :confused: Step wise please.
    I have comprehensive insurance cover.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Have you ever seen the film falling down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

if its just your window, ring around and get a few prices...
    if the price is less than your insurance excess, if it is get it done yourself so you won't have a claim...
    if its more than your excess, its up to you to make the call if you want to claim then... if you do ring your insurance company

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

errr Window insurance does not usually effect NCB or carry an excess ( at least on my insurance)

So phone the insurance see what company they deal with ( autoglass or whoever ) and get it replaced

However I would also call the police and inform them

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

Happened a friend of mine and the insurance company covered the glass breakage without effecting their NCB. The insurance company even sent their own window repair people to the scene the same day... I'd give em a ring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Davidth88 wrote: »
    errr Window insurance does not usually effect NCB or carry an excess ( at least on my insurance)

So phone the insurance see what company they deal with ( autoglass or whoever ) and get it replaced

However I would also call the police and inform them

It doesn't affect you NCB with your current insurer, but it does affect your ability to shop around for 2 years afaik as other insurers will see it as a claim.

Its also Windscreen cover, doesn't cover side/read windows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement