Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new piece for my piece ;) I've had the apa in about 3 months now and I'm quite happy with the length of it but wanted to move over to titanium.

I spotted this site while reading an article on BME, anyone used them? Or can you recommend anyone else to buy from.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I use Wildcat for most jewellery. Pretty cheap, free delivery and good customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Anatometal and Industrial Strength both make very high-quality titanium and steel jewellery. Steelnavel.com and bodyartforms.com stock them, and I think you can order custom length/sizes/colours through both (you definitely can through Body Art Forms anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Would only use the best quality for intimate piercings and imo wildcat stuff won't cut it.
    You will want an internally threaded barbell so it won't tear or agitate when inserted. So yeah Industrial Strength, Anatometal, Le Roi do good ones too. Main thing in my head (lol) is to get internally threaded, and preferably titanium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cheers. the internally threaded thing was in my mind already and so was titanium. Will check out those places later to see if I can find what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Wildcat wrote:
    All Wildcat titanium products are made from grade 23 titanium certified for permanent implantation in the human body by international medical bodies. It is the highest grade titanium available for use in jewellery.
    What is Industrial Strength?

We offer the highest quality Body Jewelry available. Our line of Implant Grade ... Titanium Jewelry is known around the world for it's superior quality.

What exactly is the difference here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

IS will make custom jewellery to your exact specs which is one reason why I prefer them. They're also a well known brand with a good reputation for quality, while the origins of Wildcats metal jewellery isn't always apparent, and their range of larger gauge barbells/internally threaded barbells is pretty limited.

Personally, I buy from Wildcat for small piercings where threading/measurements aren't hugely important but I prefer to go for custom stuff for things like genital/oral piercings knowing I can get it made to the exact specs that are needed- I wouldn't have been able to get the tongue barbell I needed from Wildcat.

Well spec wise, I agree. There is nothing better than a cosy, custom fit piece of jewellery and Wildcat do have a teeny collection of internally threaded jewellery. But from reading the sites, the quality is exactly the same on the bog standard ext. threaded stuff.

Thanks for the help folks. I went and ordered an item from IS.

Well it finally arrived, pretty happy with the quality. I think I may have got the measurements a tad wrong, I got 5/16" balls, which may be a tad too big but trial and error. :) Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement