Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website access abroad?

Options
  • 12-01-2009 9:40am

Hi, i am making a website for a friend who is moving to spain and setting up a company.
    He wants to be able to put photo's on the website regularly from his home in Spain, i am just wondering how i would be able to set that up for him?

Thanks in advance,

Daryl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Create an Admin section for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You do it the same way that you would if your friend was based in Ireland - that's the thing about the Interweb, it doesn't really care where you are.

You don't appear to know much about the subject, so I would suggest you look at CMS's (content management systems) that would facilitate this, or potentially writing the code yourself. It really depends upon your skillset and knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

http://www.flickr.com/ - why reinvent the wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

You need some kind of CMS as the others said.

It depends on the site, but check out SlideShowPro and SlideShowPro Director. It's an easy way of setting up and managing and online gallery.

I can make websites but i have never made one for anyone else before and not sure of the whole process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 codecrunchers

Definitely a CMS - if he needs a professional looking site to represent his business. CMSMS, joomla, drupal...
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

CMSMS is quite straightforward to setup, so i would recommend that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 codecrunchers

i second that CMSMS is a hell of a CMS - simple but fully featured.

Advertisement