Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in City centre...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

zuroph wrote: »
    cafe on the row used to be nice, now its a kip with terrible food. everything is so bland.

I agree....unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

met my ma in town a few weeks ago and we had breakfast in cafe on the row, both of us thought it was feckin lovely!!!! i must say i was never there before, so i dont know what the old food was like, but i thought it was a really nice spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I would definately have to agree on the food front in there, it is pretty crap of late, however.....the city is quickly running out of places to go into for a casual lunch during the day, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is of good quality. While yes a cinema would be a good idea in the city centre, but not at the cost of the already dwindling cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CHD infracted for trolling, troll feeding comments removed/edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Well the "Cafe On The Row" wil I'm sure just move.
    There're plenty of places for it in the city centre.
    Where Java's used to be for instance in that new building, is just crying out for a cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Well the "Cafe On The Row" wil I'm sure just move.
    There're plenty of places for it in the city centre.
    Where Java's used to be for instance in that new building, is just crying out for a cafe.

that it is, however it has also sat idle since it was built. which generally means that nobody can afford to open up in there, people these days don't have the money set up a business like a cafe, the fit out costs a small fortune, also the fact that the whole idea of pedestrianising bedford row and thomas street was to have them lined with retail, cafe's and bars, not knock the only bar and cafe on it to make way for a cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

but a cinema would fit perfectly with the idea of having it as a recreation area...
    theres 3 bars on the thomas st part of the pedestrianisation (well, almost).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Yea I agree. Bedford row is not a good place for a cinema or a bar (even a gay bar at that). it should be full of little café's and shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

why not, a cinema would allow people see an evening film and come out for a coffee or a drink. That is, if any of the coffee places would stay open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

I don't know. It just wouldn't suit the street. I think the old dunnes building would be perfect. keep the big crowds away from the pedestrian streets. I mean big cinema crowds. Keep it busy but not mental busy and lined with rubbish. which it probably will anyway but I think a cinema would ruin that street a bit. it looks nice the way it is. should have more café's. But that only me. I don't decide things :) it wouldn't be the end of the world if there was a cinema there but I do think it would be better in the old dunnes building.

• Advertisement
Advertisement