Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootcamp in Cork (Douglas area)

Options
  • 12-01-2009 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of bootcamp sessions around the City south/Douglas area?

I know there's one in the Nemo centre but they all start before work..I want something that's on after work ideally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Do you mean the exercising thing with army instructors etc ? ?
    If so there's one starting in Douglas Community School in spring, as an evening class . You can enroll now through the post or (afaicr) there's an open night this Wednesday for all of the evening classes..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Do you mean the exercising thing with army instructors etc ? ?
    If so there's one starting in Douglas Community School in spring, as an evening class . You can enroll now through the post or (afaicr) there's an open night this Wednesday for all of the evening classes..

yes, sorry, I should have been more clear, you are right I am looking for those exercise classes done by drill instructors, just wanna get fitter and do something different from the usual road running.

I'll check that out, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bfit

Hey
    I run a boot camp in Maryborough Woods on monday and wednesday nights at 7pm and 815pm. Have a look at www.rebelbootcamp.ie for info. The next course starts on 2nd feb. You can PM me or contact me through the website if you need more info.
    Mark

bfit wrote: »
    Hey
    I run a boot camp in Maryborough Woods on monday and wednesday nights at 7pm and 815pm. Have a look at www.rebelbootcamp.ie for info. The next course starts on 2nd feb. You can PM me or contact me through the website if you need more info.
    Mark

great stuff, that's ideally located for me, questions sent...thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭traffic_cone

acefitness wrote: »
    Don't bother with the one in Maryborough, Come to Corks Biggest and Best Bootcamp. Start with the Right Trainer Ken O'Reilly. No.1 In Cork. www.acefitness.ie

Telling people not to bother with a group who does something similar to you is a sure fire way of people not signing up to your bootcamp! If you are going to claim someone is the number 1 trainer you at least need to back it up with evidence!

Based on your post I wish to support Maryborough!! Everyone sign up to Marborough.

I just looked at both your websites and Maryborough is a lot cheaper.

• Advertisement

Don't bother with the one in Maryborough, Come to Corks Biggest and Best Bootcamp. Start with the Right Trainer Ken O'Reilly. No.1 In Cork. www.acefitness.ie

If you read my original post you will see I wanted one that was on AFTER work and not a pre-work on at 7-8am!
    Also out of principle I wouldn't sign up to the Nemo one when they have a 'Women's Bootcamp' - Ideal for after the school run! How sexist is this!!
    I am not a woman and I often drop my child into the creche in the morning!

Your post is a tad arrogant to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Also out of principle I wouldn't sign up to the Nemo one when they have a 'Women's Bootcamp' - Ideal for after the school run! How sexist is this!!
    I am not a woman and I often drop my child into the creche in the morning!

Are you a house-husband (or whatever the term is these days) or do you go to work after dropping your child? If you go to work after dropping your child, I fail to see how your point is relevant.

I see nothing sexist about a womens only class (and I am a man). There is probably a good market for it and some may feel more comfortable in a single sex class...whats the harm?

That said...the post was incredibly arrogant as you said.

Ludo wrote: »
    Are you a house-husband (or whatever the term is these days) or do you go to work after dropping your child? If you go to work after dropping your child, I fail to see how your point is relevant.

I sit beside you in work ya muppet!

All I was doing was replying to a post and providing some information. I didn't expect to be put down so unprofessionally by acefitness, especially when he has never met me or taken part in my boot camp.
    His claim to be Cork's biggest and best boot camp doesn't hold much water either...I run boot camps in Cork, Kinsale and various corporate locations but still wouldn't publicly claim to be Cork's biggest and best boot camp!
    I actually recommended that boot camp to a few people earlier today! That's the last time I'll do that!

All I was doing was replying to a post and providing some information. I didn't expect to be put down so unprofessionally by acefitness, especially when he has never met me or taken part in my boot camp.
    His claim to be Cork's biggest and best boot camp doesn't hold much water either...I run boot camps in Cork, Kinsale and various corporate locations but still wouldn't publicly claim to be Cork's biggest and best boot camp!
    I actually recommended that boot camp to a few people earlier today! That's the last time I'll do that!

here here, thanks for your input bfit and your prompt replies to my questions, never mind that other lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭traffic_cone

bfit you have not done anything wrong. you provided us with valuable information. That other guy was rude and clearly does not know the first thing about running a business. I have to say looking at your website I plan on joining at some stage. The pictures on your website looked really good, by that I mean they were believable pics of people training outdoors and not some show off in a gym! I think the best exercise is one that occurs outdoors and without all that equipment.

bfit you rock!! I support you 100% (and I'll recommend you to anyone that I know of who is looking for this kind of thing).

Thanks for the support traffic_cone and run_Forrest_run.
    Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

As regards these boot camps - is there much shouting, put downs etc?
    I'm one of those people who talk about getting fit but never do anything about itI wouldn't mind losing a few stonepounds myself and getting a bit fitter but I think I would need the threat of physical torture to get me started.

P.S. Boo/hiss to that bloke as well

gramlab...Not that much shouting...no put downs. Its just a decent outdoor workout for adult civvies. Its time to stop talking about getting fit and do something about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Oh it's on now!

I can see these people going to real war with one another.

"C'mon people push it! push it lard asses! We got to get you numb nutt naciey sack o sh!ts in shape if we're going to be the number 1 bootcamp in Cork!"

"Oi! Private Piles! Do you like Jelly donuts?!?!"

some people are very touchy

We are the original bootcamp its my idea started last summer, often copied as you can see. We dont have to worry about the weather with our indoor pitch and yes our famous bootcamp is no.1 in cork.

so get over it

why can't you be bothered to reply to my questions submitted directly to your website then? You started the whole bootcamp think did you, wow! Not bad for a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ARMY PTI

gramlab wrote: »
    As regards these boot camps - is there much shouting, put downs etc?
    I'm one of those people who talk about getting fit but never do anything about itI wouldn't mind losing a few stonepounds myself and getting a bit fitter but I think I would need the threat of physical torture to get me started.

P.S. Boo/hiss to that bloke as well

hi guys,i'm an army pt instructor. we have been reading your comments on bootcamps and if you want the real thing we are starting them v soon in the cork area, but be aware these are no frills camps by the real thing.

ARMY PTI wrote: »
    hi guys,i'm an army pt instructor. we have been reading your comments on bootcamps and if you want the real thing we are starting them v soon in the cork area, but be aware these are no frills camps by the real thing.

can you provide more info? Location? When??

Sorry for not getting back. we are looking at 2 locations and sorting it with the city council for access as it's common land. Doman's wood in pinecroft is a likely area.We have reccon it and it is a great location for our type of training.we seem to be booked out but i'll drop u an invite when we start.its a great change from the normal circuit training.

ARMY PTI wrote: »
    Sorry for not getting back. we are looking at 2 locations and sorting it with the city council for access as it's common land. Doman's wood in pinecroft is a likely area.We have reccon it and it is a great location for our type of training.we seem to be booked out but i'll drop u an invite when we start.its a great change from the normal circuit training.

how can u be booked out already when you haven't set up yet or don't have a site confirmed yet. have you advertised it?

• Advertisement

Reason is 'we have been running full spec bootcamps for the last 4 years with teams. so we infoed our lists and got a great response from them.Do'nt worry as we will make time for guys like you who are not afraid of a bit of grief to reach your goals,

how can u be booked out already when you haven't set up yet or don't have a site confirmed yet. have you advertised it?

Drop me a line if your still interested in bootcamp. starting one in two wks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mannlo

Does anyone know of bootcamp sessions around the City south/Douglas area?

I know there's one in the Nemo centre but they all start before work..I want something that's on after work ideally.
    Thereis a bootcamp starting in carrigaline soccer club on monday and wednesdays from seven to eight in the evening

hi guys,we nave opened up a military spec bootcamp in killcully scout camp,inclulding a military pentatalon course( assault course designed for improving all aspects of fitness). Just ran 300 scouts over it last weekend and filled a few puke buckets.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gunth

Nemo is atarting up a Bootcamp soon in a two weeks time on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Gunth wrote: »
    Nemo is atarting up a Bootcamp soon in a two weeks time on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    look guys,if you want to train with the army come to the army, if you want to train with civvys go to civvys. There are no wanabees in our unit of army P.T.I.s. by the way we all have at leat level 2 in n.c.e.f., n.c.h.f and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Gunth wrote: »

Do you have anymore info Gunth? Prices / times etc. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PipeDreams

I go to the Nemo Boot camp myself twice a week in the morning and have done for over a year now.

I find that going early in the morning is much better for me than an evening session would be.

It has been life changing for me and I have to say that the main trainer Ken has been very professional and through his tutoring I have never been so fit in my life.

Also a lot of the people in the class are regulars, which only goes to show how good the classes actually are.

PipeDreams wrote: »
    I go to the Nemo Boot camp myself twice a week in the morning and have done for over a year now.

I find that going early in the morning is much better for me than an evening session would be.

It has been life changing for me and I have to say that the main trainer Ken has been very professional and through his tutoring I have never been so fit in my life.

Also a lot of the people in the class are regulars, which only goes to show how good the classes actually are.

is this the one run by acefitness above?
    are you acefitness?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PipeDreams

is this the one run by acefitness above?
    are you acefitness?

Yes and No I'm not acefitness, nor do I work for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement