Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferrari's 2009 car unveiled

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

aye was looking at pics earlier and apart from the rear wing i think the car is beautiful looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

I actually like the rear wing. Not so keen on the vertical winglets coming off the front of the sidepods/barge boards.

mirrors id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Grim. wrote: »
    mirrors id say

Spot on. They must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

I have to admit i really like it. The rear wings are a little dodgy but its the same on all the cars. Apart from that it looks very sleek and quick. Time will tell of course, but the signs are good for 09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

some nice shots and virtual tour over at http://f60.ferrariworld.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Fabio

The rear wing is huge but that's the new regulations is it?

I havent actually followed F1 for a few years now so it's all looking a bit new to me!

Slick tyres are back are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Close up front it looks like Giegers Alien.

Every other shot it looks like a Briggs & Stratton. That'll be the big rear wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Fabio

By the way, what horsepower are the new V8's throwing out these days?

The last season I watched with real enthusiasm was when Toyota and Ferrari were cranking out 900bhp with their V10's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Actually looks similar to the '97 model with the slicks and all.

Gonna be strange seeing them without the grooved tyres :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I think they are around 700BHP ?

Car looks sleek but I must say I dont think the front wing will put up with too much of a nudge to knock it off. :o

I only hope it suits Kimi a bit better than last years car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Well that's going to take a lot of getting use to! The rear wing is horrible and the car looks really small now. Thanks for link OP

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I like the new car. The top view looking down onto it is the best.
    Not sure about the rear wing, it just looks so weird.
    But I guess will get used to it when we get to see them again more often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

vectra wrote: »

Car looks sleek but I must say I dont think the front wing will put up with too much of a nudge to knock it off. :o

I have to agree with ya there vectra, I can't see that wing staying on in a battle into turn 1.

The thing i like about it the most is the uncluttered look makes it look like a real racing car again not a gadget. anyone know if the top speed of the car has been increased by much? I'm guessing 4 of 5 mph or have the managed to retain a similar amount of down force?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Don't think they've maintained as much downforce. But supposedly cornering speed isn't going to change much cause of those gripy slicks:pac:

I like the look of the car, but as i've heard people say before, it needs wider rear wheels to fill the space from that skinny rear wing.

Helmet cam FTW!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Grim. wrote: »
    The thing i like about it the most is the uncluttered look makes it look like a real racing car again not a gadget. anyone know if the top speed of the car has been increased by much? I'm guessing 4 of 5 mph or have the managed to retain a similar amount of down force?

Sorry if you know how it works and this sounds condescending, but with the aero there's drag and downforce which are linked but are different. They'll always be looking to increase downforce while decreasing drag, hence the difference grooved bits and pieces on the cars last year. With the new design they'll be looking to keep as much downforce as possible but there will be more drag due to the new shape.
    So short answer, with the same engine and levels of downforce as last year, this year's car will probably be a bit slower at the top end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

amacachi wrote: »
    So short answer, with the same engine and levels of downforce as last year, this year's car will probably be a bit slower at the top end.

Plus the fact that max revs are reduced from 19k to 18k :o

18k boo hiss give back 20k and engine blow ups :p
    Sorry if you know how it works and this sounds condescending, but with the aero there's drag and downforce which are linked but are different. They'll always be looking to increase downforce while decreasing drag, hence the difference grooved bits and pieces on the cars last year. With the new design they'll be looking to keep as much downforce as possible but there will be more drag due to the new shape.

ah cheers never even thought of drag nice simple explanation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It looks ever so slightly wider than the wheels which can't be a good thing for those tight battles. I can see quite a few wings going missing over the course of the year if it remains so wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

It looks better than i thought it would but that could be because its red and has a prancing horse badge! :pac:
    The front wing looks very low i wonder how it will cope on the bumpier circuits or the curbs in monza etc.
    The car looks very skinny without the winglits and other crap on it, not sorry to see them gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    The front wing looks very low i wonder how it will cope on the bumpier circuits or the curbs in monza etc.
    Should be grand. Back in the 90s the front wings were much lower. They forced them to raise them up to decrease downforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

If they have some of the kerbs like at the night race could do a bit of damage i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭charlesodowd

Yeah it will tend to oversteer much more than last season which will suit Kimi allrite.

Cant wait for Melbourne!

Advertisement