Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

225 mph Jag XFR

Options
  • 12-01-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Just had a company email circulated about this, and its in the guardian now too.

During speed trials at the Boneville Salt Flats, a 510bhp XFR set a top speed of 225.675mph making it the fastest production Jaguar ever.

While the de-restricted XFR was given minor aero and safety modifications, the new 5.0 litre supercharged engine and six-speed transmission remained completely standard - even down to the gear ratios.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sweet.. Anyone got any links to photos of the M5 beater?

I wish i got emails like that, mine are usually about boring Nissans.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Can someone embed them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Crazy speed! bet you'll all want one now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Nice looking machine..

Question to you all - IF you had the money, what would be the choice?

BMW M5

Or

Jag XFR?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Jag XFR would have my money wolf in sheep's clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Mr.David wrote: »

While the de-restricted XFR was given minor aero and safety modifications, the new 5.0 litre supercharged engine and six-speed transmission remained completely standard - even down to the gear ratios.:)

Thats not quite true..
    The engine was modified by speeding up the supercharger slightly to give higher boost pressure with the ECU modified accordingly. The result was 600bhp at the same peak power rpm as before. Other mods include a rear spoiler to reduce drag and a flat floor underneath the car. Amazingly, the gearbox and rear diff remained as standard.

They up'ed boost and got it to 600BHP, well over the stock engine 510BHP. Still impressive, but your showroom model wont be getting close to this even if de-restricted.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Still impressive, but your showroom model wont be getting close to this even if de-restricted.

Quicker than an oil burning Phaeton all the same :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Hmmmm Jag or M5.... Hmmmm!

I'd say I would still settle for the M5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Mr.David wrote: »
    Quicker than an oil burning Phaeton all the same :p

Pff, we shall see, Im cruising to 310KPH*
    *If I was German, legally

Id take the Jag over the M5, though it really isnt a wolf in sheeps clothing or a Q car, it clearly looks way out there:
    112_0803_01z+2009_jaguar_XFR+front_three_quarter_illustration.jpg
    Put that in Red or Blacked out!

The M5 is more understated.

• Advertisement

50 - 70 mph in a crushing 1.9 secs!:eek:

RS6 takes 2.8 and R8 takes 2.4 (source: Evo magazine).

Advertisement