Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Codec when offline fix

• 12-01-2009 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey hey. I remember reading a thread a short time ago about the problem with the media codec if you transferred stuff from another HD. Deleting the cache didn't do anything for me and since we have such a dodgy connection (I had to run over to one side of the room, connect, run back over, connect the laptop to the xbox via ethernet cable, hold it in the air, click play, wait for it to download the codec... ) I had to get it sorted.

This may have been mentioned already but I DID do a search and couldn't find it so... the easiest way to fix it is to start a new xbox live account (silver is fine). Delete any remnants of the codec before this. Simple as that. Just download it with the new account (instead of the 'download again' you get when accessing it from the existing account, it sees it as a new file as it's registered to the gamertag). Worked perfectly. And saved me ALOT of hassle. Nothing worse than watching a series with a few smokes and being the one in charge of downloading the bollocks everytime.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Or something that would have been far easier?

Behold the content transfer tool!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

I presume your problem is because you sent an xbox in for repair and received back a different console....

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Ha, that does seem easier. Godammit! No, I got a new xbox but transferred over my save files and profiles from one HD to the other. Have you tried that migration thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I did, as I had a few Arcade games n stuff that were locked to my old premium, when I got the elite I had already been through 3 xboxes, so the only time I could play the full games was when connected to live, same went for playing divx movies n stuff, so I did the content transfer and everything works fine offline...

Providing you kept your original tag afaik....

Advertisement