Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Very annoyed with SIMI dealer!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Bearcat wrote: »
    Deleting his name was very wise, deleting the thread maybe even wiser as his name was originally posted. Just be careful what you post, burned once is bad, burned twice no thanks.
    Nothing wrong with posting the name of the dealer. The OP is stating fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I know how the OP feels, I was searching for months to find the perfect 728 in the UK and found one up in Scotland. Emailed and rang the dealer, chatted about its condition, history, payment etc and was literally going to arrange the deposit, flights and finance the very next day when he emailed me to say he'd sold it.

Absolutely, if you have your heart set on something then you should be wise enough to stick a deposit on it ASAP, but often you don't think someone else will come along in such a short period of time, and I don't blame the dealer for selling it to someone local over some guy 300 miles away on the phone. Still I was furious and I wouln't blame the OP for being pi**ed off.

Having said that, you might end up like me glad you didn't take it as you might get a better deal elsewhere, it makes you search extra hard. I got a higher spec and the Sport model for the same price only 10 minutes from Bournemouth airport. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Deleting his name was very wise, deleting the thread maybe even wiser as his name was originally posted. Just be careful what you post, burned once is bad, burned twice no thanks.

That's what moderators are for :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

He can't delete his own thread once someone has replied to it.
    I wouldnt really call it poor service - they guy obviously done something right if the OP was interested in buying the car. I think most people would do the same if in his shoes.

Its not poor service, but the OP has the opinion it is. He not making stuff up, he's saying "this is what happened and I think its poor form" He isn't slandering the guy just stating opinion. If he where accusing the dealer of fraud or the like it would be another matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

ok, sorry. Just concerned litigation was looming, but as previous mentioned thats what are mods are for. Besta luck with your new purchace though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I think ye are being a bit hard on the op. I have bought several cars on a "handshake" and the least I would expect is a phonecall before he sold the thing to someone else. Might not be illegal or a rip off, but its still wrong and another example of why people dont trust garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

thats rough for you but you dont really have any comeback , the way things are now he wasnt going to hold it for you if some turned up with the cash to buy it there and then , they are desperate to sell cars .

Advertisement