Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Astronomy app

Options
  • 12-01-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello,

I have developed an application called 'Skies' for iPhone owning Astronomers.

Hope you guys like it. Please post any feedback you have. I'll update the app as I get feedback. Version 2.0 will have full GPS functionality and, of course, be a free update.

Here is a screenshot:

SkiesScreeenshot.jpg

You can find the app in iTunes by searching for 'Skies' or by clicking this link: (Link will open in iTunes)

http://www.itunes.com/app/Skies

Again, I'd like suggestions etc for improvements. Thanks for your time.

Below is the iTunes Blurb. :)

Skies is an application for viewing the transparency of the night sky.

You can view the transparency of the night sky anywhere in the world in a second. You can save your favorite locations and even use street addresses.

You get a 6-day outlook for transparency that is updated four times daily.

The 6-day outlook contains the lunar phase, the weekday, and the transparency forecast. The transparency forecast is indicated by the color on the top row. Each day has five segments, corresponding to five times: 6PM, 9PM, 12AM, 3AM, and 6AM (Local times)

Have fun with Skies!

(Data comes from www.astroforecast.org)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Well done. Looks good. Could be a handy little app, if it turns out to be reliable! (and if I had an iPhone :rolleyes:)

According to your data source, Dublin should be clear after 9 tomorrow (Tuesday) night and cloudy for the rest of the week.. Let's see ;) Pretty handy website that www.astroforecast.org (even if a big ugly!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smccafferty

LOL, thanks.

I've done a good deal of testing. Its reliable.

Astroforcast is a brilliant site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Is there a version for the Nokia n95 8gb? looks nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smccafferty

Thanks.

Nope, just iPhone/iPod Touch only I'm afraid. No reason you can't use the astroforecast site on your N95 tho. ;)

Advertisement