Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Adding central locking

Options
  • 12-01-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if remote central locking can be added to a 06 ford focus.
    Is it an easy job ie...wld the boyf be able to do it or will I need to go to a mechanic?
    Also, how much would you estimate it should cost.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Does it have non-remote central locking as it is? e.g. does unlocking one door with the key do them all? If this is already fitted theres far less work involved than if not, would have a major impact on the price and difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks for quick reply...there is already central locking on it...
    Unlocking one door unlocks them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I think an 06 focus should have come with remote central locking. Chances are, if you bought it second hand, you never recieved the remote key.

Ring your local ford dealer, give them the reg number, and ask them if it is possible to get a replacement remote key for that car. It will be expensive to buy, and will have to go in to the garage to be coded to the car.

Never thought of it that way, only bought it last summer...I just thought it was the basic model.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Why would you bother?

• Advertisement

One word...convenience!
    I'm a girl and I'm not afraid to admit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭youtheman

Why would you bother?

I can think of three reasons I use all the time (i.e. not having to put the key in the lock)

1. when you run to your car in the pi55ings of rain it it nice to know that the doors are confirmed open before you get there.

2. when you head up stairs at night it is nice to confirm the car is locked

3. when you return to your car with your hands full of shopping, you can (sometimes) blip the car open without having to take the key out of your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I'm nearly sure all Ford Focus had remote central locking. I would suggest that you get onto your local ford dealer & they will tell you if it came with remote locking. They will also be delighted to charge you €120 for a key to allow you do this.

Advertisement