Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet 24mb and 50mb Fibre

Options
  • 12-01-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Anyone on Magnets Fibre to Home 24mb or 50mb package can you please tell me the speeds your getting up and down and whether you think the service is good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭markjobrien

interested in this as well anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Friend of mine has the 24meg in the inner city and it's smooth as silk. He gets ridiculous downloads of in excess of a meg a second sometimes 2 or more and his gaming speeds are flawless. You can easily download a few files while playing games with tiny pings all at the same time. There's a 1:1 contention on all the fibre lines as far as I know. Definitely recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

+1 My brothers on the 24mb package in Portlaois and as the previous post said smooth as silk.

I dislike the way you can only get 24mb and 50mb with there crappy tv service included.

cisk wrote: »
    I dislike the way you can only get 24mb and 50mb with there crappy tv service included.

oh ye i forgot that part, the tv service is the worst i have seen and you really would need patience....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i have the 50mb, its full speed all the way.
    tv is fine for what it is (i can download a 1.2 gig mkv in the time it takes to make a cup of tea)

subway wrote: »
    i have the 50mb, its full speed all the way.
    tv is fine for what it is (i can download a 1.2 gig mkv in the time it takes to make a cup of tea)

:P

I guess i should give a "Fair & Balanced" view on the first contact you will have with magnet though.

They will just arrive without notice to do the install but nobodys at home as most people work and so they go away and so you call and somethings arranged and they turn up again out of the blue when theres nobody about and stick a note through your door to say they have been and gone and so you call again etc etc....Very, very poor on this front.

This is what happend with my brother and it ended up taking 5 weeks and only i'd said how good they were they really would have been told to take a run and jump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

My install was flawless, rang me the several days before to arrange date and time that suited me. had it in within 5 days of ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If there's already a phone line in the house using a broadband service, and you don't want to interrupt this line, can you still use their fibre service? Does it use the phone line?

.ak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

you can only get the fibre service in areas that have fibre pre-installed.
    generally, these are new estates and you will see magnet junction boxes on every corner

• Advertisement
Advertisement