Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re:Dell Laptops 9 hours Battery Life

Options
  • 12-01-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello

Re:Dell Laptops 15.4 inch Monitor Dell Lattitude E6500 Battery Performance
    90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
    4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
    84Whr high capacity battery slice (optional)

Are Dell the only Computer Manufacturers that do these 9 hours extended life
    high capacity battery slice (optional)

Apparently this technology has been around for the last 4 to 5 years its in the www.dell.co.uk (small business section) but it still seems very expensive have Dell got the Monopoly on this?
    Because I asked PcWorld.co.uk they said the max any laptop they sell
    in regards to Battery Life was 3 hours and that was been optomistic.

I obviously appreciate it depends what you are doing on it i.e watch YouTube.com versus basic emailing.

Are there any alternatives besides Dell that manage 9 hours battery life?.

Thanks

John
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

A slice battery is just a secondary battery that can work simultanously to the main one (ie it plugs in somewhere else, usually a connector on the bottom). Often (though not always) they're just a thin flat slab (hence 'slice') that the laptop sits on top of.

Its similar to purchasing a second high-capacity battery, with the advantage that you don't need to swap one for the other when it runs out, as they are both connected at the same time. Of course, it adds considerably to the thickness/weight of the laptop.

Dell definitely arent the only manufacturer doing this. Google 'slice battery' and im sure you'll turn up plenty of others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

HP offer them aswell and so do Lenovo from what I remember.

Advertisement