Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working mums in Business

Options
  • 12-01-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi All,

Just wondering, are there any full time working mums, who are in sales, or proeprty business.

I am expecting at the moment, and planning to come back to work 6 weeks after baby is born.

Just would like to know, how did you manage with a small baby. And when were you back to work.

Thanks alot

N

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I would say from the experience my sister had of going back to work when baby was six weeks old, that it was extremely difficult. The baby wasn't sleeping nights and my sister hadn't really recovered from the birth. I worked in Finance myself and went back to work when baby was 14 weeks and even then I thought that was hard going. It was 1990 so I only had 14 weeks leave and I took 4 weeks unpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Hi Nadin,

Congratulations, the fun is just about to start! Is it your first child?

We just had our third child last year and my wife works full time. Based on our experience I would say going back to work in six week would be putting yourself under far too much pressure. The baby is quite demanding at that stage, and your body also needs time to adjust to the changes.

Once the maternal instincts kick in your priorities are likely to change a bit, so I would suggest you work on a contingency plan in case you find you need to extend your leave.

Advertisement