Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf Interior Air Vents

Options
  • 12-01-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I managed to receive damage to my Air Vent in my VW Golf 2004. It's the Passenger Vent nearest the passenger window similar to the one shown in picture below.

http://www.mrkiv.com/interior/oe9.jpg

Most of the vents snapped as the kid pulled them down without using the roller. Force was use and they snapped. Now you need to manually tweak them to new positions.

Anyone know where i can actually get it the whole vent replaced? Would A VW Dealer deal that part or best to go to a scrap merchant? Don't mind about the cost to be honest.

Help is much appreciated,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

VW garage is your best bet I'd say. They would prob have the parts handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Trim/interior parts cost an arm & a leg at a VW dealer - in this case, I'd give a few breakers a call first, as the oldest MkIV's are now 11 years old, you would be likely to get lucky.

If you're in Dublin, try Duffy's on The Long Mile Road (I've no connection, but they seem to have late-model write-offs, rather than end-of-life vehicles)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 The Skipper

Thanks lads will look into both replies. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Give ebay a try if your any bit handy you should be able to change them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

You will change them yourself no bother! ebay is the only place,the picture you posted is of a bora/R32 vent though so your golf wont have these unless yourself or someone else retro fitted them or you have an R32,just something to be weary of when buying as you will end up with one odd vent plus the bora/R32 ones fetch stupid money on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

tossy wrote: »
    You will change them yourself no bother! ebay is the only place,the picture you posted is of a bora/R32 vent though so your golf wont have these unless yourself or someone else retro fitted them or you have an R32,just something to be weary of when buying as you will end up with one odd vent plus the bora/R32 ones fetch stupid money on ebay.

Well spotted. However, it depends on the chassis number of the Golf in question. Chassis number 1J-4-000001> (MkIV) will have slightly different vent to that in the linked picture above but a chassis number 1K-4-000001> (MkV) will have one similar to the one in the picture. OP doesn't state whether or not it is a MkIV or V and there are a quite a few 2004 registered MkV around.

See below......The illustrations are LHD but you'll get the idea.....

1J-4-000001 > MkIV
    819310wo3.png

1K-4-000001 > MkV
    819300sa9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

true crosstown i assumed it was a mkIV as the picture is linked from mkIV.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 The Skipper

Bought is today for €25.00 with a local VW dealer. I was expecting it to be minimum €50 but took it at €25.00. It was for the Golf 32 Chassis model 1K-4-000001 > MkV Looks fairly handy to install. Thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Looks fairly handy to install. Thanks for the help guys.

It is - just go gently when removing the old one. If you're too 'enthusiastic' you may damage the dash as you prise it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

*** TIP

You can use your nail to pull this out without doing any damage. Its very easy and I have done it a few times to to prevent some squeeking while at the traffic lights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement