Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Water in my fiesta door

Options
  • 12-01-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

I have a ford fiesta (06) and have discovered water inside the door. Every few weeks it somehow empties itself. I have looked around for some kind of drain under the door, but there are none. I have no idea how the water is coming in or getting out. I do know for sure there is water inside it, you can hear it when you open or close the door, and when im driving.

Any ideas? I want to do something about it myself, but I dont want to leave it too late incase it wreaks the electrics in the door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Every car dor has water in it, as the window seals never are 100% tight.
    Also every car door has one or more drain holes ...some of which must be blocked on yours.

Where they are exactly on your Fiesta, that I don't know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

There are 3 at the bottom of the door, just unblock them and water will piss out, I've seen this on a few fiesta's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

This seems to be a problem with them - get down to your local ford dealership and tell them about it, there were measures taken for such occurences. (think it's as simple as draining a hole in the bottom of the door)

Advertisement