Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the Minister nobody wants to Chauffeur

Options
  • 12-01-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Reading the Sindo yesterday at the end of the article on Cowens Merc in storage it made reference to a minister that none of the Garda pool drivers wanted to drive because they are apparantly fed up been used to chauffeur his / her family around. Anybody know this individuals identity !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Reading the Sindo yesterday at the end of the article on Cowens Merc in storage it made reference to a minister that none of the Garda pool drivers wanted to drive because they are apparantly fed up been used to chauffeur his / her family around. Anybody know this individuals identity !

What do you mean "individual" ?

Remember sppeding state car taking O'Donoghues missus and sprocks back to the Kingdom after match in Croker ?
    Remember one of our presidents sprocks being daily dropped off at work/college in Leeson St or Baggot St by state car ?
    I do remember many moons ago a certain young Flynn sprock being dropped off in UCG by state car.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭VO

They are all at it and no BIK either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

It's probably Martin Cullen or Beverly Cooper Flynn. I'm surprised the Garda drivers can actually refuse to do the task, I thought it was very much a case of having to obey lawful instructions, no matter how unpalatable you find them to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

You can cross Willie O'Dea off that list. The guy is popular with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,426 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect the family of the President, Taoiseach and Minister for Justice (because he deals with nasty people) are entitled to some state-provided security, not given to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Darragh29 wrote: »
    It's probably Martin Cullen or Beverly Cooper Flynn. I'm surprised the Garda drivers can actually refuse to do the task, I thought it was very much a case of having to obey lawful instructions, no matter how unpalatable you find them to be.

Beverly is a back-bencher, not a minister.

The above is clearly a very well informed opinion. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

It has to be the most arrogant politican of them all Mr DICK Roche
    Sure didnt the papers highlight the fact that he was been driven by a civilain at the time he was unfortunately ( NOT ) taken hostage !

Beverly is a back-bencher, not a minister.

Did anyopne tell her that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Is it one of the Greens on a bicycle made for two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I think the garda driver should follow orders and quit their moaning.
    Sure, the posters here can blast the ministers all they want but I don't want to read stories about garda drivers not liking or enjoying their job. Want to go back to foot patrol around some dodgy estates instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whats a sprock and why do government ministers have them?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Darsad wrote: »
    It has to be the most arrogant politican of them all Mr DICK Roche
    Sure didnt the papers highlight the fact that he was been driven by a civilain at the time he was unfortunately ( NOT ) taken hostage !

Dick Roche is a junior minister, all Junior Ministers are driven by civilian drivers. Only full ministers get Garda drivers.

More supposition masquerading as truth.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Whats a sprock and why do government ministers have them?:)

I think it should have read as sprogs or kids. You know your future public representatives that inherit daddies seat :rolleyes:

Advertisement