Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heed some advice about mysql relationships

Options
  • 12-01-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all

Lets say i have 6 tables (Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 Data5 Data6) and one master table called master, which would be number 7 table.

in the master table i have fields like First_name Sir_name and so on.

how do i set up relationships from master to the other tables,

Please help as i am only learning and im stuck with this.

Thanks to all:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Plenty of info to be found if you google it.

Mysql documentation here

Another sample here

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Quest software have a free GUI for MySQL called TOAD. It is very good. I have used the one for Oracle (not free) and the MySQL one and I could not manage without them. The MySQL one is much better than the tools from the official MySQL GUI tools. You can use this GUI to set your relationships. You can then use it to visualize the relationships to check.
    When you start to use it some more you can even do step through debugging of stored procedures, reverse engineering and loads more.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Protype

I think i have to database sorted out.

The only question i have now is, how do you return a value rather than the id key which is stored in the FK field?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Some tips here might help.

[HTML]http://sqlzoo.net/[/HTML]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Protype

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Some tips here might help.

[html]http://sqlzoo.net/[/html]

This is a great help thanks a mil, its a good site

• Advertisement
Advertisement