Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip up to Lisburn

Options
  • 12-01-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Did a run up to Lisburn over the weekend and was scared by the amount of money I saved! Total cost getting up there and back was about €30.

First stop was Toys 'R' Us where I got a Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix infant seat, the isofix base to go with it, Phil & Teds Sport buggy and the double seat kit to go with it. Total cost was nearly €530! Price of the lot from Mothercare here would be nearly €800.

Next stop was Sainsbury to pick up some more baby stuff. Picked up SMA, sudocream, nappies, gripe water, bottles, feeding spoons, nappy bags ... The list goes on. As well as this I also did a full weeks shopping.

The trolley was overflowing with bags, even had to hang a few bags from the side, all for the grand total of €200.

Definitely worth the trip, must have saved myself easily €400 - €500.

Would definitely recommend a trip if you are looking to buy baby gear especially now that the sales are on and the exchange rate is good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Did a run up to Lisburn over the weekend and was scared by the amount of money I saved! Total cost getting up there and back was about €30.

First stop was Toys 'R' Us where I got a Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix infant seat, the isofix base to go with it, Phil & Teds Sport buggy and the double seat kit to go with it. Total cost was nearly €530! Price of the lot from Mothercare here would be nearly €800.

Next stop was Sainsbury to pick up some more baby stuff. Picked up SMA, sudocream, nappies, gripe water, bottles, feeding spoons, nappy bags ... The list goes on. As well as this I also did a full weeks shopping.

The trolley was overflowing with bags, even had to hang a few bags from the side, all for the grand total of €200.

Definitely worth the trip, must have saved myself easily €400 - €500.

Would definitely recommend a trip if you are looking to buy baby gear especially now that the sales are on and the exchange rate is good
    I love shopping out side of rip off ireland. Cant wait for my next trip to UK

Advertisement