Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Bargain - €200

• 12-01-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Just bought an Arcade version in GAME Liffey Valley. The bundle is €200 with two wireless controllers and two crappy games (Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda). The upside though is that you can trade in the two games for €32.40 store credit with which I bought PES 2008 and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.

So Console, two wireless controllers and two decent games for €200. You also get a book of vouchers and €5 back on your loyalty card, plus a bit extra for trading in the games

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Not sure if you can still buy them but Zavvi had the Arcade for 150 and the games bundle for 30 euro. This was before the sell-off so not sure if they've any machines left, but it would be worth a look. They did have they bundles yesterday in cork.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Can you check the back of the xbox please, just above the or below the serial and say what the output is please, should be something like this..
    12v 14.2a:5v or else 12v - 12.1a:5v

I was going to buy this in game too on thursday but the lad said I was not able to trade in the two games with it because they had "bundle copy, not for individual re-sale"
    did you see the actual games yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

With the games, the guy literally opened the package which had a controller and the two games in one box, took the games out and entered some code into the till, which came up with a trade in value of 32.40. A few people had clearly already done this as there were a few copies of these "not for resale" boxes on the pre-owned shelves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Did they sell the console on its own?
    Already have the pack with the extra wireless controller and two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

They were selling the console only for €170. But you may as well pay €200 and get two games and a free extra controller. Even if you sold that on for €20 you'd work out better than buying the console only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Lenny wrote: »
    Can you check the back of the xbox please, just above the or below the serial and say what the output is please, should be something like this..
    12v 14.2a:5v or else 12v - 12.1a:5v

I was going to buy this in game too on thursday but the lad said I was not able to trade in the two games with it because they had "bundle copy, not for individual re-sale"
    did you see the actual games yourself?

Jasper Hunting!!!!

Tempted to buy an arcade too cause of this new board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

I take that if you get a Jasper arcade you can just stick your hard drive on it and bobs your uncle?

Or pick up a 120G
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338448
    for €80!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

segasega wrote: »
    I take that if you get a Jasper arcade you can just stick your hard drive on it and bobs your uncle?

Exactly!

Advertisement