Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadworks, Eden Gate Delgany

Options
  • 12-01-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Broadworks, Eden Gate Delgany
    We have just moved into Eden Gate in Delgany, Co. Wicklow. and we have no TV. Broadworks is already set up in our house, and the rooms, even though we were informed we would have to pay €80 connection fee. Broadworks does not have all the channels available we want, so does anyone know if it is possible to get NTL installed or Sky as the only posts on here are old.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Firstly, are you in an Apartment or a House....if you are in an apartment you are most likely stuck with Broadworks. If you are in a House, is there any agreement on the Purchase of your property that you cannot erect any wireless antenna on or about the premises? This is the problem exprienced with houses in Charlesland but NTL is available there.

If you can put up a satellite dish, do that instead of going for NTL. You can now get Freesat with hundreds of channels all for free (the name gives it away!). And now with Freesat HD, you get better picture quality for your initial once-off payment for the box. If you want to pay for TV, NTL is chepaer than Sky. If you want to get NTL you will have to put a dish on your roof...this is a mesh dish and needs to be in line of sight of Windgates (the tall aerial on Bray Head).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 clonkers

Were in the araprtments, thats what i thought - seen as were not the only people in the apartment we cant really sneak a dish on the roof!! All the broadworks comments i see are all getting to the one conclusion, stay well away from them!! thats not really an option if we have no choice but to get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I take it you have been on the Tech forum looking at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54. I find it very informative...

I think when you live in an apartment it does restrict a lot of your liberties. In door aerials don't work for Terrestrial very well especially in Charlesland/Eden gate so that option is out. Unless there is a communal dish on the roof for Sky, I don't think you do have any options left but Broadworks. Do ask the neighbours what they have. There could be a dish up there for all you know!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 clonkers

yeah i think ill try that during the week, thanks for your help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

clonkers wrote: »
    We have just moved into Eden Gate in Delgany, Co. Wicklow. and we have no TV. Broadworks is already set up in our house, and the rooms, even though we were informed we would have to pay €80 connection fee. Broadworks does not have all the channels available we want, so does anyone know if it is possible to get NTL installed or Sky as the only posts on here are old.

Thanks!!!

Are you renting or is it your own house? If you own your house you might be able to get sky as i have seen some satellites around, it might be a little harder if you rent.

I'm also in Eden Gate with BW and there service is a shambles.

I tried to get NTL a few months back and was told that they cant because they don't own the cables in the estate and there was an agreement with the builders so i had to stick their service.

Moving soon so hopefully i can get some proper TV at last.

http://www.broadworks.tv/ there is a link to there site. Be warned that some of the information and the price is incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

For what it's worth, you should read the thread(s) about the NTL service in Charlesland. You probably dodged a bullet.

As Damo says, if you have bought then look at getting Sky. We got Sky+ a couple of years ago after using NTL before that, and it is such a better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

As far as I know you can get NTL. We are with broadworks and I would advise you to steer clear! I have had a nightmare with NTL in the past though in my previous house so I am not sure if they are any better, There was some talk of sky in the last letter we got from the management company but I can't remember if it was about a communal dish, maybe give Wyse a call to find out.

Advertisement