Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to work on WHV in Oz

Options
  • 12-01-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi all,

I'm planning a year out this year, part of which will be a good few months in Australia, will probably hit Aus in Autumn and was just wondering what your views are on where to settle and work for a few months. Any tips on which you found to be the best cities? Are jobs getting harder to come by (for acocuntant)?
    Really appreciate any advice you can offer!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Horses for courses really. Some say Melbourne is a very friendly city but it will be a bit nippy there in August ( though you can go skiing in Threadbo not too far away ). Others prefer Sydney, maybe not as friendly and laid back as Melbourne but a very beautiful city nonetheless.
    For me I spent 9 months living and working in Sydney and had no regrets until I actually went traveling Oz. When I got to Airlie Beach ( the jumping off point for the Whitsunday Islands ) I realised a lot of backpackers had got work on the sailing yachts there. A very nice life cruising around the islands in the sunshine, going swimming, pissing it up with other travellers and getting paid for it. In hindsight that wouldve been the perfect job for me but I never knew about it coz I was stuck in Sydney for so long:(
    My advice is go with the flow, maybe travel a bit of Oz first and then settle down for work.

Advertisement