Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conference Championship Games

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

The Eagles D goes as Bunkley and Patterson go.. simple as

They improve, the D improves exponentially.

The Steelers would dominate either of these O-Lines though..

AFC to win the championship back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

AFC to win the championship back

I'd say so.
    Hopefully the Ravens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

173 ticks to square it up!

C'mon the Cards' D.

Game Over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Looking like that is the game for the Cardinals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Great game, well played Cards. Should a flag of been thrown that last play? Would of been harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

nice one cardinals!

mcnabb to leave now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Flag definitely due on Curtis, Homefield advantage won them that call

Should have tried a bit of this at the end :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbzQoXuxdU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And the unlikely continues to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Why are the Americans so cheesy and always thank Jesus. :rolleyes:

Interview with Kurt Warner and all he did was thank Jesus - think his teammates had something to do with it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Flag definitely due on Curtis, Homefield advantage won them that call

Should have tried a bit of this at the end :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbzQoXuxdU

Alot of "laterals" going on there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

DCC160 wrote: »

Interview with Kurt Warner and all he did was thank Jesus - think his teammates had something to do with it too

Yawn. He thanked the fans too and even pre-faced thanking Jesus making a joke about how they knew he'd do it.
    And he did talk about how proud he was of the team and how no one believed in them.

Why are the Irish so quick to feel superior? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Hes really religous, it his choice man at least he stands up for what he believes in. he thanked his teammates right after that.

I cant believe it the CARDINALS in the superbowl!! Me and my friend have been rooting for them as our second team for years because they were awfull. I never though they amount to anything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

LETS GO OWN FLACCO!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!

hope its a good one regardless of who wins, im missing study for this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

He is a firm believer of his religious as are alot of Americans. Alot of teams pray right before the game in the locker room. Its always ignorance when someone says what you just said. Warner has his beliefs fair play to him.

And the funny thing his the majority of his team mates would most likely have said the same thing. Don't think any of them are going to hold the fact he thanked jesus now in fairness.

figs86 wrote: »
    LETS GO OWN FLACCO!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!

hope its a good one regardless of who wins, im missing study for this!
    At least you will see defense in this one, and massive defense at that. Really looking forward to this game.

Aye this is the game I'm looking forward to.
    Should be some serious hits I hope

Go Ravens!

eagle eye wrote: »
    At least you will see defense in this one, and massive defense at that. Really looking forward to this game.

This game is going to be a cracker. Two Big D's duking it out. Battle of wits.

Well like the others said, each to his own.
    Syferus wrote: »
    Yawn. He thanked the fans too and even pre-faced thanking Jesus making a joke about how they knew he'd do it.
    And he did talk about how proud he was of the team and how no one believed in them.

Why are the Irish so quick to feel superior? :rolleyes:

And what sort of generalisation is this?

• Advertisement

This game is going to be a cracker. Two Big D's duking it out. Battle of wits.
    As I said really looking forward to it, and because of what you say more than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I always find it funny how they thank jesus after they win/win an award or anything like that, not just in American Football. What did jesus not love the other team or what?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I always find it funny how they thank jesus after they win/win an award or anything like that, not just in American Football. What did jesus not love the other team or what?

Alright enough about Jesus already the man thanked him someone complained some us told him where to go. Jesus will be thanked im sure after this game also.

Lets keep it to football talk again please. :D

Just on that last game, I mentioned during the first half the amount of times the room was there for McNabb to run, and it was there again all during the second half.

I'm gonna have to better myself at this stuff, if I could have recorded the game and then make my own vid of McNabb in the pocket with man to man coverage from the Cards defence and him with all the room in the world to run the ball. If he had taken the opportunity even twice more, I'm sure they would have opened up the Cards D in the first half.

Just on that last game, I mentioned during the first half the amount of times the room was there for McNabb to run, and it was there again all during the second half.

I'm gonna have to better myself at this stuff, if I could have recorded the game and then make my own vid of McNabb in the pocket with man to man coverage from the Cards defence and him with all the room in the world to run the ball. If he had taken the opportunity even twice more, I'm sure they would have opened up the Cards D in the first half.

I noticed that also. I have noticed in the last 2 years he doesnt move as much as he used to. McNabb used to leave the pocket the second he felt there wa nothing open. Its weird not to see him move as much.

I noticed that also. I have noticed in the last 2 years he doesnt move as much as he used to. McNabb used to leave the pocket the second he felt there wa nothing open. Its weird not to see him move.

Ya since that knee injury hes be almost scared to run, i suppose hes worried about getting injured again. Do you guys think he'l be back next year? I think theyd be stupid to dump him, but alot those fans really dont like him!

Hynzie wrote: »
    Ya since that knee injury hes be almost scared to run, i suppose hes worried about getting injured again. Do you guys think he'l be back next year? I think theyd be stupid to dump him, but alot those fans really dont like him!

Philly fans are idiots to not want him back. They complained too much this season in my opinion. Look where they got to the NFC Championship game. And you can't blame McNabb for the loss either 375 yds and 3 td and 1 int isnt bad numbers for the night. I have been to Philly and know alot of folk from Philly and they never have a solid argument as to why McNabb should leave.

Controversial call.
    Never a TD for me but I'm 50:50 as to whether it was incomplete.

Happy enough with it though :D

Philly fans are idiots to not want him back. They complained too much this season in my opinion. Look where they got to the NFC Championship game. And you can't blame McNabb for the loss either 375 yds and 3 td and 1 int isnt bad numbers for the night. I have been to Philly and know alot of folk from Philly and they never have a solid argument as to why McNabb should leave.
    I'd have to say in fairness that he was having a pretty pathetic midseason up to the time he was benched, but since then he has been very good.

His first half performance was poor tonight but he did play well in the second half.

Totally agree, I was working down there for a week during the summer and they were just giving out about him constantly and for nothing really. Lets be honest they were lucky to get as far as they did. Firstly they barely made the playoffs, then if the Vikings get anything out of Tavaris Jackson they go home after the wildcards. After that they get a Giants team that really struggles without Plax. They had a nice run and did better then they really should have. Its not like they were an amazing team and Mc Nabb chocked the season away, but if you listen to some Philly fans youd swear that was the case.

• Advertisement

That is shocking D from the Ravens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

TD Steelers, really hope they win this I just wouldnt enjoy a ravens cardinals game as much...

I disagree that was a great TD from both Big Ben and Holmes and all the rest of the offense as well, they went for Ben and they held them long enough for him to get away and make that throw and then the Holmes doesn't panic, waits for the blocks, just fantastic.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

gotta hit the leaba now, hopefully one team from Penn have made it when I wake up..

I disagree that was a great TD from both Big Ben and Holmes.

I'm not sure who it was, but whoever was covering Holmes was caught in no-man's land. Looked like he decided to try and get the interception then changed his mind halfway through.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm not sure who it was, but whoever was covering Holmes was caught in no-man's land. Looked like he decided to try and get the interception then changed his mind halfway through.
    Totally disagree again, he had good coverage, it was a perfect throw.

Great job by Holmes, great blocking aswell. I know its very early but I think that might be that. Baltimore cant get anything going on offense and the defense looks tired. That whole hurricane thing in Houston might have done them in. Its hard to go a whole season without a bye week.

Totally disagree again, he had good coverage, it was a perfect throw.

Agree to disagree then so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The people who think the Eagles fans are stupid for not wanting McNabb back need to look at the bigger picture.

McNabb will never win a superbowl. He is a winner but he's not a champ. Eagles fans are tired of the dissapointment with us being second best CONSTANTLY. WE've NEVER won a superbowl. That is 4 out of 5 championship games lost. It's on Fatty Reid and McNabb. I'm sick of his smiley face no matter what the situation and i'm sick of Andy and his pass happy offense.

The D played poorly today and our rookie (basically) linebackers were caught out time and time again, but they got us here. We have a very young D and i think they can carry us to more championship games but i just hope Reid is not the head coach. he just plain doesn't have what it takes to win us a superbowl. I'd keep McNabb and see how he does under a head coach who can actually win the big ones. Bill Cowher please...

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    The people who think the Eagles fans are stupid for not wanting McNabb back need to look at the bigger picture.

McNabb will never win a superbowl. He is a winner but he's not a champ. Eagles fans are tired of the dissapointment with us being second best CONSTANTLY. WE've NEVER won a superbowl. That is 4 out of 5 championship games lost. It's on Fatty Reid and McNabb. I'm sick of his smiley face no matter what the situation and i'm sick of Andy and his pass happy offense.

The D played poorly today and our rookie (basically) linebackers were caught out time and time again, but they got us here. We have a very young D and i think they can carry us to more championship games but i just hope Reid is not the head coach. he just plain doesn't have what it takes to win us a superbowl. I'd keep McNabb and see how he does under a head coach who can actually win the big ones. Bill Cowher please...

I hear what your saying but most philly fans dont think about stuff like that they just hate him. Hes not perfect but they wont give him a break, ever! Even if he does well they find a fault with him. I mean they booed him on draft day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Well like the others said, each to his own.

And what sort of generalisation is this?

The kind you make when you're extending someone else's comment for comcial effect, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

That one of the worst decisions I have seen in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

NFC Championship Game
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals

Steelers v Cardinals Superbowl.

Time to start giving some love to the Cardinals and Kurt Warner in particular. Quit dumping on them every week.

That one of the worst decisions I have seen in a long time.

The personal foul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Frisbee wrote: »
    The personal foul?

yea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

some hit on ivy just there :O

Well its wide open still. Looking forward to more massive hits in and great defense in the second half.

yea.

Agreed, nowhere near him.
    Good improv by the kicker though :pac:

Limas Sweed has had an intresting few minutes. Big drop and a big block!! Its weird because I watched him play alot in college for texas and he caught EVERYTHING. but since turning pro he cant catch anything!! So he took his frustration out on an oklahoma guy on the block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Joe Flacco currently has a QB rating of 9.8. I'll feel bad for the guy if the Ravens lose this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement