Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conference Championship Games

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hynzie wrote: »
    I hear what your saying but most philly fans dont think about stuff like that they just hate him. Hes not perfect but they wont give him a break, ever! Even if he does well they find a fault with him. I mean they booed him on draft day.

Im a Pats fan I watched the Pats/Eagles Bowl in a packed bar in Philly and even then they were moaning about McNabb. I turned to one guy and I said to him if it were not for McNabb this season you lot wouldnt be here. He said no it was our D and TO that got us here and I just laughed at him. The Eagles as a team are not winners. Pyjamarama you are basically pinning all of the Eagles mis fortunes on McNabb simple fact. He turned your bloody season around this year. Granted sitting him during a game woke him up. But he was major factor getting an average team early in the season to the NFC Championship game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I hear what your saying but most philly fans dont think about stuff like that they just hate him. Hes not perfect but they wont give him a break, ever! Even if he does well they find a fault with him. I mean they booed him on draft day.

The whole booing him on draft day is over blown media rubbish. It was a small group of fans egged on by idiot radio jocks on WIP (a philly radio station) who went with the intention of booing any none ricky williams pick. Most Eagles fans were delighted with the pick.

But Philly like Pitsburgh are a blue collar team with blue collar fans. They like guys with chips on their shoulder like Dawkins and Runyan. Smilly happy go lucky guys like McNabb will never be popular.

I wanted Reid gone at the end of last season and knowing we'll have to put up with him again next season is not enticing to be honest. We did well to get as far as we did but we were poor for most of the season and time is surely running out for Fatty Reid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    The whole booing him on draft day is over blown media rubbish. It was a small group of fans egged on by idiot radio jocks on WIP (a philly radio station) who went with the intention of booing any none ricky williams pick. Most Eagles fans were delighted with the pick.

But Philly like Pitsburgh are a blue collar team with blue collar fans. They like guys with chips on their shoulder like Dawkins and Runyan. Smilly happy go lucky guys like McNabb will never be popular.

I wanted Reid gone at the end of last season and knowing we'll have to put up with him again next season is not enticing to be honest. We did well to get as far as we did but we were poor for most of the season and time is surely running out for Fatty Reid.

I just think Eagles fans should be carefull what they wish for. Good QB's aren't easy to find, and the guys a good QB. Hes hasnt had very many wepons during his time there to help him out. I think the eagles need to get him a true number 1 reciever and fix the real problems on their team instead of creating new problems for themselves.

But hey if you guys want rid of him, as a Giants fan I wont complain. It would be good not having to see him twice a year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just think Eagle fans should be carefull what they wish for. Good QB's aren't easy to find, and the guys a good QB. Hes hasnt had very many wepons during his time there to help him out. I think the eagles need to get him a true number 1 reciever and fix the real problems on their team instead of creating new problems for themselves.

But hey if you guys want rid of him, as a Giants fan I wont complain. It would be good not having to see him twice a year :D
    Well they can have Matt Cassel if they want and give us back Asante.:)

Now that would be a very fitting way for this game to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

If only they could call it right now. Now HOLD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That was some collision...

I hope McGahee is alright, he has so much bad luck with injuries over the last while. Savage collision, but you expect that to happen when these two sides collide, just don't like to see anybody injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Another interception thrown by Flacco.
    Game over, Time for bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a hit that was by Clark.

Some huge hits last night. Great game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement