Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"All-Day" Mobile Computing From Dell?

Options
  • 12-01-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello

Regarding Dell Laptops 15.4 inch Monitor Dell Lattitude E6500 and Dell 6400 Battery Performance
    90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
    4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
    84Whr high capacity battery slice (optional)

Here's what I read from a pdf file I downloaded off www.dell.co.uk website

"All-Day Mobile Computing From Dell

Latitude Mainstream laptops introduce a dramatic step forward in battery life. Achieve up to 19 hours of Battery Life on the E6400 with the combination of our standard 9-cell battery,new high-capacity battery slice,and exclusive Dell ControlPoint (TradeMark) software.Stay connected with anytime,anywhere wireless connectivity with support for current and emerging wireless technologies (Wi-Fi,High Performance Wireless-N,mobile broadband Wimax Bluetooth."

The Dell Sales agent said in real life these laptops manage only 9 hours,these are obviously geared towards the business sector who need to be on the road all day still its nice to have :)whats the best battery life you can get on a 15.4 inch monitor for the retail home user

Are Dell the only Computer Manufacturers that do these 9 hours extended life
    high capacity battery slice (optional)

Apparently this technology has been around for the last 4 to 5 years its in the www.dell.co.uk (small business section) but it still seems very expensive have Dell got the Monopoly on this?
    Because I asked PcWorld.co.uk they said the max any laptop they sell
    in regards to Battery Life was 3 hours and that was been optomistic.

I obviously appreciate it depends what you are doing on it i.e watch YouTube.com versus basic emailing.

Are there any alternatives besides Dell that manage 9 hours battery life at a value for money price?.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You do realise that the weight of the extended main battery and cd drive battery that give that life weigh a ton?

All manufacturers offer extended battery's, if you find a rival make with similar specs it will have a similar battery life with a extended battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

You do realise that the weight of the extended main battery and cd drive battery that give that life weigh a ton?

All manufacturers offer extended battery's, if you find a rival make with similar specs it will have a similar battery life with a extended battery.
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    How many Kilograms I could use a rucksack at that would keep all the potential laptop thieves guessing

On a more serious note which laptop manufacturers do these 19 hour batteries like Dell at a realistic price ?
    Is that the reason PC World do not stock them weight or price issues?

Thanks,

John

Advertisement