Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing Lamp

Options
  • 12-01-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'd like to grow fresh herbs on my kitchen windowsill but our apartment does not get any direct sunlight during the winter months. Is there such a thing as a special lamp or bulb that can be used to provide daylight-like light that the plants need?

If such a thing exists does anybody know any garden centres in the dublin area that stock them?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You are probably better served in terms of indoor growing by visiting a growshop, these are geared towards growing other herbs but would be a great way of growing culinary herbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Thanks! Didn't know there was such a thing. Can you recommend any?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't use growing lamps, but from what I have read a 150w Sodium light will work as a growlamp.
    These are sometimes sold as a security light and emit a kind of Orange light.

Advertisement