Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What gear oil grade/type 98 pasette

Options
  • 12-01-2009 4:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭

As above what oil is recomended for the gear boxin a 98 vw paseete

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Whats a paseete?

i've driven a Passat alright, ring your VW dealer and ask the question..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

I didnt ask for a spelling lesson,if you cant answer the Posted Question dont bother replying to my posts infuture;;;;

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

you dont even know the name of the car you are driving :rolleyes:

How old are you;;;does your mammy know you are trying to converce with adults;;;

I know well what im driveing.
    How do you know what im driveing ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

If you go into halfords and ask for a sevice list they should be able to print one off for you which will tell you your various oils and filters. That or look it up in a Haynes Manual which you should be able to get in most auto-shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

We know what your driving because you told us its a Passat.

As i said before, just give your local VW dealer a call, he doesnt bite, he wont charge you an arm and a leg to answer your question, and he'll know what oil to use.

Oh, and its driving without the E.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Best idea is to ring dealer with engine code or vin at least. They will be able to tell you the gearbox oil and price. The OEM stuff from the dealer for my golf is bloody expensive, but for my car anyway its recommended to use OEM. If you are going to the motor factors I think all you need is the viscosity of the oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ring around a few motor factors. Afaik its 10w40 and change the filter too if doing the job yourself. Volvoboy posted a very good tutorial on 'how to service your car'. Be nice people. Heres the thread:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Hal1 wrote: »
    Ring around a few motor factors. Afaik its 10w40 and change the filter too if doing the job yourself. Volvoboy posted a very good tutorial on 'how to service your car'. Be nice people. Heres the thread:)

Think its gearbox oil the OP is looking for - its something like 75w90, but ring the dealer to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Lads in fairness, the OP could easily be dyslexic....easy on!

• Advertisement

We know what your driving because you told us its a Passat.

As i said before, just give your local VW dealer a call, he doesnt bite, he wont charge you an arm and a leg to answer your question, and he'll know what oil to use.

Oh, and its driving without the E.

Ill waste my time and answer you once more.

I DIDNT SAY I AM DRIVEING A PASSAT; (read it again and then post the apoligy,that i wont reply too)icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

thetyreman wrote: »
    Ill waste my time and answer you once more.

I DIDNT SAY I AM DRIVEING A PASSAT; (read it again and then post the apoligy,that i wont reply too)icon14.gif

I doubt your going to get a reply with an attitude like that :rolleyes:
    Care to tell us what your are driving if it's not a passat? (pasette, what is that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Can you even change gearbox oil? I taught it was a sealed unit:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hal1 wrote: »
    Can you even change gearbox oil? I taught it was a sealed unit:confused:

That's what the manufacturer tells you but the oil can easily be changed, there is a drain and fill point on most if not all gearboxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

thetyreman wrote: »
    vw paseete

VW Toothpaste?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you sure you mean gear box oil OP? Not just engine oil?
    Is it an automatic? Is the clutch sticking? You could try changing the clutch fluid first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

google says "passtte" is this 24003807324403m.jpg

Advertisement